56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So where are we at after today?

-------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash----------Konsa-------Mings--------Targett

----------------------------Luiz----------------------------

----------------McGinn------Grenier----------------

King-----------------------------------------Grealish

------------------------Watkins------------------------

We're not signing Grenier. That's an absurd agent fishing for interest link if ever there was. Not convinced we're interested in King and his touch heat map last season is all on the left

Grealish has said he wants to play central and wouldn't be completely shocked if starting XI vs Blades has AEG and Trez either side of Watkins

Edited by Kiwivillan

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

This is a private argument between me and stewieK2, what a perrrrlonka😉

PS......... he put basil in the ratatouille is the highlight of my life

Argument!? I'm pretty much applaud your choice. Though I'll throw Doberman's Sister, The Twitch, The Stomach and The Singing Contest in as well ;)

6 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

Hearing josh king done 12 million with add ons

Wahey Josh Harris. Makes a change from the usual ‘close the thread‘, ‘move to others’, or ‘shambles’ malarkey you have going on. I prefer this new ITK persona

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Argument!? I'm pretty much applaud your choice. Though I'll throw Doberman's Sister, The Twitch, The Stomach and The Singing Contest in as well ;)

Argument, its a W C Fields line, I could go on all day with u about this, we need a Bilko thread😂...... forgot the singing contest, brilliant, love the scene when Bilko starts crying., and the stomach when Doberman starts playing the harmonica.

Sorry run out of likes nut thanks for reminding me of them, I'll watch a few over breakfast 💜💙:offtopic:sorry mods.

• Like 1

(Martinez), Heaton, Steer 

Cash, Elmo

Targett, Taylor 

Konsa, (New)

Mings, Hause 

Luiz, Nakamba 

(New), Ramsey

McGinn, Hourihane

(New), Trez

Grealish, AEG 

Watkins, Wesley, Samatta 

Sell:- Nyland, Kalinic, Guilbert, Engels, Lansbury, Jota, Hogan, Davies 

CB - Lyindua

CM - Rabiot 

RW - Rashica 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So where are we at after today?

-------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash----------Konsa-------Mings--------Targett

----------------------------Luiz----------------------------

----------------McGinn------Grenier----------------

King-----------------------------------------Grealish

------------------------Watkins------------------------

I think that team would safely stay up.  But a couple of injuries to key players and we’re f**ked again. Hope we have much better luck  with injuries this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're not dropping McGinn or Luiz. People that think we are have lost the run of themselves. We'll make a few additions not have half a team of players that have never played together, again

I agree. Although McGinn’s fitness does worry me. I know we joke about it, but he’s a tubby little f*cker. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, swollef said:

Yeah your right .just checked.

But i do love a good Scandinavian ceentre bak 

I believe he got injured playing in Europa League qualifier, and didnt play a few matches after that. He was being linked to Liverpool only 2 weeks ago. 

I think the lines thrown out by Purslow before last season actually become relevant now:

“Our goal is, that when we arrive in the Premier League, we are ready with a Dean Smith team – players that fit his playing profile and that give us the best possible chance to make a real impact next season – not just making up the numbers.

There’s no interest in flirting with the catastrophe of relegation that the club has had to live with for the last three years so we need to make really good decisions and add players who really improve us.”

We’re strengthening accordingly now (now that we’ve given ourselves the chance to by bedding in a new squad & staying up) and starting to see some intent & ambition. We’ll be striving for a comfortable position in the league and I don’t think the owners will have as much patience if things don’t go well or we end up struggling. I don’t see that happening anyway and they’re really backing the manager.

Plenty of reason for hope, anticipation & excitement this season.

There’s no basis for negativity and no point either (I think, with certain supporters, it’s just an effect of all the years of misery & struggle but that’s all in the past now). I think we will do well (better at least) and surprise a few people...

We’re well under way & may the spending spree continue! 😆

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where’s all the moaning gone on this thread. We all knew Watkins was coming anyway. 

Something doesn’t feel right. 

He just seemed to stop posting very suddenly  (after giving me the mother of all headaches!),  was he kicked out or something??

Just don’t see us signing Josh King but could be wrong.

Still think we’ll try and sign John Swift before the window closes. 

Osayi-Samuel still at QPR for now, but will probably go to Palace.

Josh Maja still at Bordeaux and probably gettable.  We could also offer them Kalinic or Samatta perhaps?

Edited by ferguson1

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

So the Martinez transfer seems to becoming something real, in which case we must get rid of two keepers this window even on frees if needed to get rid of those wages.

You do know that freeing unwanted players on contracts usually means paying up their contract? So in terms of freeing up wages it does not help unless you can afford to take a hit in one year