Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Anyone who thinks the moon landings were faked or the earth is flat goes instantly on the ignore list.

Well how come if you take a spirit level on an long hall flight  the bubble does not move for the duration ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rayk said:

It wasn’t because people didn’t know how much we had to spend and how many players.

i have no doubt.....none whatsoever....we’d have signed Maupay over Brighton. The point is we pulled out because it got a bit pricey.

So, I refer you to my post regarding having many holes to fill (KW GIF) and reaching our FFP limit. Not sure what else to say now if you still don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Totally agree but apparently unless you have blind faith you are to be mocked.

That's not true though, loads of people are less than impressed so far. 

What people get mocked for is coming out with statements like the owners obviously don't care anymore, we're penny pinching, they're making excuses (when they've said literally nothing) etc etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

So you can create a duck shoot?😀

Chelsea, Newcastle have got their prime target, Leeds are showing enterprise,Sheff Utd have secured a couple of their targets, Albion have got a decent winger, we was linked with....

Look, we swam the ocean to survive.....we should be quick out of the traps....its just my view.

We are in a difficult position: we don’t just want to tread water, the owners have genuine ambition. We have one arm tied behind our back (FFP and finishing 17th), but our targets are progressive and ambitious and on others radar too, we don’t want to waste resources on OK talent, there needs to be real potential and youthfulness criteria. It’s a difficult mix. 

I do have sympathy. It’s sure is a gamble, a real game of poker until the window closes. I am going to zip-up until the window shuts, if we close 2 generally accepted targets and have genuinely strengthened the squad and also the starting 11 (forwards), I will be very happy.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well, by not signing Maupay and then having to sign Samatta In desperation does point in the direction of idiocy imo.

some have short memories.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't know if all these links are just rubbish but this is getting increasingly tiresome now. 

FWIW, again I don't think Brewster is the answer. Much rather if we can't get Tammy or Edouard (who are the best strikers that have been linked, accurately or not, with AVFC) take a punt on a young hotshot striker in Europe (maybe go for Leao again) or go for someone like Batshuayi. Brewster is completely unproven and we'd be naive to spend £20m on him. 

With time running out I actually don't know why we don't just start loaning a few players now to take us to that next level. Might attract a few names too as they have nothing to lose if they're only coming on loan. Chelsea have a bucket list of players they're looking to move on, Loftus Cheek, Batshuayi and Christensen would do nicely. 

I value your opinion highly however i only disagree with batshuayi as i wouldn’t want him as our main forward he’s inconsistency would be a problem .. im worried, concerned and disappointed as we need to bring in FIVE new signings minimum and we only have ONE and its not in a position which is a priority such as striker and winger. I just dont know why we have limited ourselves to links in the UK .. other than Rashica there really hasnt been any players we have been closely linked with.

I feel Watkins will be signed by Thursday if he isnt well i wont be that disappointed because quite frankly i dont know what im gonna get with him in the Premier League however i would like to see him given the chance and im not writing him off .. just that i didnt see any long range strikes and a couple turns out the box and a few curl strikes hit the back of the net .. i didnt see many varieties just seen benrahma put it in the box and him getting on the end of it 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Totally agree but apparently unless you have blind faith you are to be mocked.

What choice do have but to have faith in the club? You can’t affect anything that they do...

So sit back and believe that the owners who since taking over have appointed the manager and funded the players that have taken us from bottom half of the Championship to survival and a major cup final in two seasons.

i believe they will get it right based on the results of their ownership so far.

That is not blind faith,blind faith was believing in Dr Tony.

• Like 3

I think it's completely understandable to be frustrated at the lack of movement, the lack of solid, concrete links that we are confident will be joining the club before the season starts against Sheffield United. And honestly fans may have got to the end of their tether a lot sooner than they normally would due to the current situation with the pandemic, people on the whole will have more time to scroll through forums and social media and those places are self-affirming echo chambers at the best of times. 

We have a man in Purslow who has worked at the top football clubs and high up in business generally, we have a DOF with a good track record at Kobenhavn, we have a manager who's been involved in one of the most enviable transfer set-ups in the country, especially at a lower level. We have mega-rich owners who invest in sport. We have everybody we need and more to run a successful transfer window and so I remain confident that is how this will play out.

To add, there is not one player I have seen move to a different club, in the Prem or around Europe, that I genuinely believe we were serious about signing and missed out on. I don't think anyone that has transferred so far would be on the radar of Purslow, Lange, Smith et al. Even the persistent rumours of Watkins, Rashica and Romero have ebbed and flowed through this window but those players remain at their current clubs, with nothing but speculation to suggest they will be with us, their current club, or elsewhere by the end of the window. 

It was digital detox day over the weekend and I highly recommend giving yourself a 24 hour blackout on villa news if you're getting very frustrated. Every extra hour that passes spent on here, twitter or elsewhere just adds to the frustration in all honesty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Well when someone is saying that they think that the club is happy to only sign up Matty Cash then it's not a big leap to suspect someone is trolling. Valid criticism is fine but some sticking the boot in act like they know what's going on behind the scenes when 99.9% of us don't. 

I’m not sticking the boot in but as supporters we have the right to question things without being mocked. There is an element recently on this site that acts to shut down anyone who questions the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought the Borja Baston signing demonstrated how up against it we are with FFP but I guess not

We're putting in big bids for a keeper and we know we were prepared to spend big on wilson.

We spent big on a position we didn't really need. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wilson contract at Newcastle is a shocker. I still think they're good chance to go down and they've saddled themselves with him for 5 years on big money. Hope they put in solid relegation clause but just kidding hope they didn't

Wilson’s agent has delivered a blinder for his 28 y.o. client: a 5 yr deal at £100k per week.

Honestly, all this “Goal” movie bullsh*t. Embarrassing.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

So you can create a duck shoot?😀

Chelsea, Newcastle have got their prime target, Leeds are showing enterprise,Sheff Utd have secured a couple of their targets, Albion have got a decent winger, we was linked with....

Look, we swam the ocean to survive.....we should be quick out of the traps....its just my view.

Thanks for your answer - I’m not going to nitpick your examples except to say that fans of another club could say ‘Villa have already got a decent RB’ in the same context

Id of course be much happier if we had signed 4 or 5 quality names,  but I’m prepared to trust the club and be patient

We are in a tricky situation - we want to bring in quality players but just avoided relegation so our reputation is low - situations like this require patience and perseverance. I’m sure we could bring in 4th or 5th choices immediately

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Looks like we have a mixture of sha and Leeds fans plus a few other morons add them to the hysterical nature of certain posters and it makes a heady mix . 

Our signings from last season will be far more influential than this season's signings, they will have settled for starters. It takes time .

Clubs relying on ageing players and players coming from foreign league's and expecting them to hit the ground running are falling into the same trap as we did last season. 

I'm waiting for Leeds to implode. It will be bittersweet. They aren't even the slightest bit concerned that the sum total of their manager's best achievements at club level was a Europa league final. More often than not he's been pretty average, in top tier leagues. The guy knows his stuff but id reserve judgement until we see how he goes in the PL. Farke looked like Guardiola in the championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayk said:

OMG, at the moment this thread seems it’s occupied by lemmings that believe every word the club puts out there when it suits them.

Does anyone seriously think DS is happy only a few days before the season starts that we’ve only signed Cash when the clear strategy was to bolster our attacking players?

And you are, of course, smarter than the average lemming, and are able to see through their diabolical strategy.

• Haha 4

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not sticking the boot in but as supporters we have the right to question things without being mocked. There is an element recently on this site that acts to shut down anyone who questions the club. 

And VT has a right to question your statement that the club is drip feeding excuses ?

I know copying and pasting is a horrific experience but I have faith in you dude.

• Like 1