Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

How can it be a retraction when Purslow said it in February?

Exactly. It's a podcast being taken from last season in February and the tweet making it look like it's a statement released today on the back of a bid for Wilson being retracted etc.

That tweet is referencing something nearly a year out of date, and I would like to think we have kicked in slightly since then and FFP supposedly relaxed this season also makes things more interesting.

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Listening to it, I wouldn't really read too much into it.

Basically explaining that we're going to need a few years in the Premier League whilst improving each season before we can offer the wages that teams of Chelsea, Man City & Arsenal. We're not there yet.

However I take from it that the wage ceiling can creep slightly higher each season that we are in the premier league. Hopefully, going into our 2nd season back I think we can attract a slight better calibre of player than we could 12 months ago without stretching the wage structure and keeping inline with the "Financial Farce Policy".

In addition I expect us to make one or two sales each season to make a healthy profit on our players too. Chelsea have made a packet of cash from their academy so hopefully we should start to reap the benefits from that in a few seasons.

#scrap FFP!

Edited by Sulberto21

I totally expect a lot of media reporting about Wilson turning us down after he signs for the barcodes in the next few days - they love to stir it and back up their potato-headed buddy. 

not overly concerned about the state of the squad and believe we will conclude deals on our targets in the next week or so. 

it’s not ideal but understand it is far from just clicking a button to complete a deal nowadays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly. It's a podcast being taken from last season in February and the tweet making it look like it's a statement released today on the back of a bid for Wilson being retracted etc.

That tweet is referencing something nearly a year out of date, and I would like to think we have kicked in slightly since then and FFP supposedly relaxed this season also makes things more interesting.

Right - it was an explanation of why our wage bill last season had to be so much lower than most of the league. That can increase by a % this summer so we can kick on. It should still signal progress.

It was discussed loads on here in February which is why I have been surprised at people questioning why we are seemingly outbid by some other clubs even though we have money. Guess fewer people saw it than I would have thought.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

In addition I expect us to make one or two sales each season to make a healthy profit on our players too. Chelsea have made a packet of cash from their academy so hopefully we should start to reap the benefits from that in a few seasons.

#scrap FFP!

Exactly. Selling a few recouping whatever fees wee can and getting them off the wage bill can make a big difference.

Kalanic, Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, Hause, Samatta (Reina, Drinkwater, Bree - now gone) could be all be replaced and improved with better quality where possible.

• Like 1