Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

From Davis and Samatta to Watkins and Wilson. That is a massive upgrade. I know we're all waiting for that Robinho signing, but I'm all for significantly improving the overall quality of the squad, which was the main source of our woes last season.

Mid table next season is more than enough for me. Some decent football and no worry of relegation is enough progress to hope for in one season.

• Like 1

I really hoped we'd go back in for Nzonzi to play alongside Luiz next season, but his Rennes loan had an option that if they got in the Chumps League it would automatically renew for another season, gutted.

I couldn't give a damn how old he is, put his name in YouTube and you will be very impressed.

Edited by Spray
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spray said:

I really hoped we'd go back in for Nzonzi to play alongside Luiz next season, but his Rennes loan had an option that if they got in the Chumps League it would automatically renew for another season, gutted.

I don't give a damn how old he is, put his name in YouTube and you will be very impressed.

Most people agree on Nzonzi, but he’s 31 now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

From Davis and Samatta to Watkins and Wilson. That is a massive upgrade. I know we're all waiting for that Robinho signing, but I'm all for significantly improving the overall quality of the squad, which was the main source of our woes last season.

Not much of an argument given what you’re comparing.  Wilson is our Heskey signing.  Im hoping we are using it to get Brentford or Celtic to move (which i think we might be)

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Not much of an argument given what you’re comparing.  Wilson is our Heskey signing.  Im hoping we are using it to get Brentford or Celtic to move (which i think we might be)

I've officially seen it all now...  

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I wonder how many other sides have such a poor record with signings and struggling to offload overpaid, unwanted players... we must be one of the worst, ever.

The amount of wasted money just doesn’t bear thinking about does it?

I really hope those days are over and the players we bring in only improve us.

Obviously difficult to have a near perfect record but maybe we can do drastically better...

I think about this question all the time. I know other teams have flops but the relative cost of our flops beggars belief. And while you can see some of them flopping a mile away, most of ours come with potential but never come near cutting it.

Might explain why we get so worried by signings over a certain amount of money (and this number is going up all the time). 

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I drive a 5 year old Passat and it might not turn many heads but it’s certainly reliable, and after some time you learn to love it. 

(P.S. I genuinely drive a 5 year old Passat, a white one.)

Ah but this would be a claret & blue one!!!

Just now, villan-scott said:

Doesn’t sound like we’re in the hunt for Benrahma, well not being name dropped here like West Ham. If we were in for Benrahma you’d think Percy and Law would know. 

In my mind that pretty much guarantees that jack is playing the left wide forward role next year. No Eze, No Benrahma, No Rashica. 

Still hoping for:

• GK - Romero/Martinez - 10m
  • RB - Cash - 14m
  • CM - [no idea?] - 25m
  • Benrahma/Rashica/Buendia/other - 25m
  • Watkins/Edouard - 25/35m

I find it interesting that we dont seem to have any strong links to a CM?? (i assume we are defo in for someone?)

so basically 110/120m

On 01/09/2020 at 10:34, est1874 said:

Wilson, Wesley & Watkins sounds like some sort of Dickensian law firm.

Yep.

We'll just need to sign the lad from Southampton, William Smallbone, so they've got someone to bully. 😉 

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sort of agree, but it's a simplistic way of looking at it. Assuming we have X amount of money to spend the value for money bit is rather important. 

We really really need a better scouting network. 

26 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think about this question all the time. I know other teams have flops but the relative cost of our flops beggars belief. And while you can see some of them flopping a mile away, most of ours come with potential but never come near cutting it.

Might explain why we get so worried by signings over a certain amount of money (and this number is going up all the time). 

Makes sense, we have pissed so much money up the wall over the years with no return e.g. Richards, McCormack, Nzogbia, Hogan, Lansbury & many many more (too many to list!!!). We’ve actually been doing it for decades! Remember the likes of Sasa Curcic? Habib Beye? Only it’s cost us a hell of a lot more recently...

Should start a thread ranking our most useless players ever! I’m sure it would beat the Rashica thread 😂

Just imagine where we’d be if we’d have used those funds more wisely...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KidAV said:

Yep.

We'll just need to sign the lad from Southampton, William Smallbone, so they've got someone to bully. 😉 

I've said it before, Smallbone must have had a terrible time at school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Doesn’t sound like we’re in the hunt for Benrahma, well not being name dropped here like West Ham. If we were in for Benrahma you’d think Percy and Law would know. 

The shrewder transfer might be Diangana to be honest.