Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

But it wouldn't be an overachievement to finish above any of them by any stretch of the imagination. Overachieving would be qualifying for Europe. 

Considering we were a mid table Championship side for good parts in the 18-19 season to me it would be an overachievement to surpass the likes of Newcastle and Brighton so quickly.

1 hour ago, sne said:

The Weston McKennie transfer from Schalke to  Hertha Berlin has apparently collapsed, wonder if we are among the clubs interested in him now?

Hertha seems like a sideways move at best. Hope we're in for him working that fabled lure of the Premier League!

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Considering we were a mid table Championship side for good parts in the 18-19 season to me it would be an overachievement to surpass the likes of Newcastle and Brighton so quickly.

Yeah, you're right. How silly of us to dream about finishing above the mighty Brighton etc.

Everything we've heard and read about our owners suggest that they have no interest in making up the numbers. They want to compete at the top. 16th is not an over achievement to them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How are our injuries progressing? Heaton and Wesley fit for next month? 

If not, Ramsdale might be worth it. 

Sheffield United had an 18.5m bid accepted this morning for him 

• Sad 1

As fun as it is to speculate about names I hope the attributes we try and bring is pace, mobility and aggression.

We are a pretty pedestrian side and we are generally poor at winning the ball back in the attacking half. And for a team that defends rather deep we also lack the pace up front that would make us an effective counter side.

Imo we'd also benefit from a calmer head in defense but unless we move one of our CB's on we are already pretty stocked there.

Edit: Just be clear the players obviously also have to have the skill, tactical awareness, technique and all the other things you expect from a pro footballer but I hope that's a given. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t believe it.

The season starts in 4 weeks, and players are still abroad. I really don’t think that those players will return in the next few days and then miss 2 weeks of pre-season, with 2 weeks to go until the season starts. Teams wouldn’t allow their players to go to those countries if that was the case.

There will have been some agreement between the government and football leagues. Surely.

(Also, the part you quoted doesn't actually mention testing. So the clear-as-mud government guidelines could easily have a caveat somewhere that allows for non-isolation if a test is completed).

It doesnt mention testing because testing makes zero difference and is not an option to avoiding quarantine.

The country lists are changing with 48 hours notice from the government. The rules for entering the UK from 'unsafe countries' which now includes Holland and France has NO exceptions. 

So far more important people than footballers, such as doctors, surgeons and teachers are not immune from quarantine.

So any signings would have to be training in isolation for 14 days.

I would be buying if abroad as soon as possible. Medicals can be done abroad as the club can employ a top doctor/ medical staff  in what ever country the player is in.

12 hours ago, skarroki said:

Who was the crazy woman on twitter who had Dale Stephens locked up at the belfry?

Where's hairyhands?

Mysteryman?

Where am I?

shocked back to the future GIF

There's a hairyhands on twitter now. You can have a look there what he has to say. Probably bullshit most of it but hey-ho.

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Well we've got to think about finishing above the likes of Brighton,Palace, West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton etc.for a start and then

look upwards to Burnley and the likes. We have owners who want to take us to the top. We have the where with all . We have started

the journey. We do not need to be negative, this is going to be an exciting time to be a Villa fan over the next few years. A little bit of

"Cup half full" attitude will go a long way. This is no time for pessimism!!!

.......said the one armed juggler.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

It doesnt mention testing because testing makes zero difference and is not an option to avoiding quarantine.

The country lists are changing with 48 hours notice from the government. The rules for entering the UK from 'unsafe countries' which now includes Holland and France has NO exceptions. 

So far more important people than footballers, such as doctors, surgeons and teachers are not immune from quarantine.

So any signings would have to be training in isolation for 14 days.

I would be buying if abroad as soon as possible. Medicals can be done abroad as the club can employ a top doctor/ medical staff  in what ever country the player is in.

Pretty sure they’ll just ignore the rules let’s be honest.

• Haha 1