Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Wow just had a look on Twitter and Christ the Manu fans are delusional. Dortmund are bullying Manu, Sancho needs to force it through by submitting a written transfer request...............they could try offering a figure closer to Dortmund's valuation as it's the selling club that dictates the price not the buyer ffs

In fairness they have got this bullying angle from the media. They were accusing us of bullying them too. 

Football365 beautifully picked it apart last week

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Wow just had a look on Twitter and Christ the Manu fans are delusional. Dortmund are bullying Manu, Sancho needs to force it through by submitting a written transfer request...............they could try offering a figure closer to Dortmund's valuation as it's the selling club that dictates the price not the buyer ffs

Dortmund are bullying Man U by wanting the value they have set on the player from the club who want him.

It's hilarious.

ive watched the utd stand (youtube channel) when the had a video about jack grealish because i was interested to see what they were saying............the guy who does it is so f@cking smug and thinks any player that they go in for they will get so i would f@cking love this sancho deal to fall through just to wipe that smug look of his face because hes been creaming himself over sancho (please god fall through) so that hopefully we can tell them to f@ck off as well if they come back in for jack 😂

Edited by Villa94

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

well, they prob didnt want to throw 100m at Sancho, hence the fact they didnt sign him......

Get the impression they were trying to low ball Dortmund and it backfired.

To me this is one of the tentative signs of cautiousness in the marketplace. Sellers think market is as usual, but buyers aren't falling for it yet. Game is on. Is football completely disconnected from the rest of the economic world?

This would explain the relatively low transaction volumes so far.

• Like 1

Grealish and Sancho both play the same positon, but they're two different types of player, Sancho is more of a wide-forward, whereas Grealish is more of a wide play-maker, if Sancho wasn't playing on the wing his next best position would be upfront, whereas Grealish's next best position would be as an attacking midfielder. So not sure why it would make sense for them to go for one after missing out on the other,  they'd be better off playing Rashford as their left-forward as he's more in the Sancho mold and spending the money on a better striker to play through the middle.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 19:44, useless said:

Obviousl linke to make with Lange coming in, but maybe Mohammed Daramy at Copenhagen is someone we will look at, young forward that can play on the wing or through the middle, only eighteen so don't think would take up a squad place. Liverpool were linked with him last year.

Startng today for Copenhagen against Manchester United.

Hope we go for Brenden Aaronson, knowing as the USA Havertz🤔 From Philadelphia Union. He is tipped to be the next big thing and already linked with Bundesliga clubs & Celtic. Him and Weston McKennie would do nicely as well as Edouard, Linetty, & Bailey... 

V.dodgy YouTube compilation... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hope we go for Brenden Aaronson, knowing as the USA Havertz🤔 From Philadelphia Union. He is tipped to be the next big thing and already linked with Bundesliga & Celtic. Him and Weston McKennie would do nicely as well as Edouard, Linetty, & Bailey...

Aaronson is quite a prospect, but I think McKennie would be a better fit for our needs—an all-action box-to-box guy to link up with Luiz and McGinn. Unfortunately, I've not heard a single mention of Villa having interest in McKennie, and Aaronson is more likely to go to Germany as he wouldn't qualify for an English work permit.

https://twitter.com/USMNTvideos/status/1291194751157493762?s=2

I really enjoy the MLS but the league is somewhere between league 1 and the championship. I would not buy a single starter from the MLS, too risky. As second string options who may come good one day its fine but if we are looking for starters then other leagues would be better imho.