Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I noticed our new head of recruitment praising Sambi Lokonga on his twitter, plays in midfield. Never heard of him watched some highlights looks a decent player, mentioned Jonathon David in the same tweet as well.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I noticed our new head of recruitment praising Sambi Lokonga on his twitter, plays in midfield. Never heard of him watched some highlights looks a decent player, mentioned Jonathon David in the same tweet as well.

He plays for a Belgian team so this is nailed on.

Hopefully the head of recruitment is also looking at Verschaeren and Doku at Anderlecht as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJ_1874 said:

On the DM side, first Marvelous is actually pretty good and is definitely worth keeping.  

Marvelous was good pressing. His success rate there was the highest in the Prem among midfielders, and that's a valuable asset. Unfortunately where he struggles is in tackling. His success rate there was 22.1%. Of true mids who played enough minutes to qualify in the league last year, only 12 were worse. If he can improve in that area he could actually prove quite useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw a pretty pointless story saying that Aarons could be allowed to leave on loan, and the deal  "May require an option to buy".

Mentions that we have to compete with Bayern for his signature etc.

Now either the story is complete bollox, or they 

A. Need to ease up with wages ( In hopes of coming straight back up with him still as their player)

B. They have so much faith in him to be a hit wherever he goes, that his value will increase exponentially and they will get an even bigger fee?

C. They want the cash but no takers so far at whatever their asking price is?

Or again, its complete bollox.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-claims-aston-villa-target-could-leave-norwich-on-loan-this-summer/

They will get a ton of cash for parachute payments this season which will reduce significantly next season, so maybe from an accounting perspective they want the cash next season when the parachute payments are reduced?

We did the same when we signed Curtis Davies from WBA.

• Like 1

Aston Villa Set To Miss Out On Hearts Full-Back: What Should Be Dean Smith’s Play Here?

According to a recent report by Corriere dello Sport, Aston Villa are set to miss out on Hearts full-back Aaron Hickey this summer. The same source has also mentioned that Bologna is one step closer to sealing a move for the Scottish defender, thus extinguishing the Villans’ hopes of landing him this summer.

https://the4thofficial.net/2020/08/aston-villa-set-to-miss-out-on-hearts-full-back-what-should-be-dean-smiths-play-here/

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think i know who i would like player wise in an ideal world (for full back, wingers, striker etc), but i really cant get my head around the right MC for us?????

Santamaria?, Billing?, Doucoure?, Hughes?, Fredricks?, McCarthy?, Lerma?

I think we really need a player who is both a good footballer and a physical presence to complete/complement the midfield trio with Luiz/McGinn.

Thoughts?

Doucoure

4 and a half weeks until the new season starts.

I really hope we make a couple of signings next week, we meed to give as much time as possible to bed in.

When does villas pre season training start?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Sarr is quality but 40m? Oof!

Can understand the thinking behind that. He's the exact type of player we we're lacking and sometimes you do have to pay over the odds to get what you need. Probably better deals to be found around Europe but they'd have to have a settling in period and Sarr is much less of a risk in that regard.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think i know who i would like player wise in an ideal world (for full back, wingers, striker etc), but i really cant get my head around the right MC for us?????

Santamaria?, Billing?, Doucoure?, Hughes?, Fredricks?, McCarthy?, Lerma?

I think we really need a player who is both a good footballer and a physical presence to complete/complement the midfield trio with Luiz/McGinn.

Thoughts?

I think Weston McKennie from Schalke would fit right in, but we seem to be one of the only Premier League clubs not linked with him. Southampton seem to be the frontrunners once the Højbjerg-to-Spurs deal goes through, but he's also recently been linked with Monaco because Niko Kovač is a fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can see us signing players from the German league this summer, just a hunch

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

4-3-3.com is saying we've made a bid for Mdune Obwanko from Sapphire Modern FC in the Zamibian Premier League

The Ultimate "Expectation vs. Reality " meme

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN