Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Awol said:

Sure but so has Keinan, what neither does is score lots of goals. 

From what I understand Wilson does score. As Useless said he’s got something like 40 goals in 100 games of 90mins at PL level. So taken in its entirety his record is a goal every 2.5 games in PL which is pretty decent. I haven’t checked these numbers btw. 

It’s constant injuries that is the bigger worry. I have no insight into the history of those injuries or how likely they are to recur. It has no bearing on this but the last constantly injured player we had from Bournemouth worked out quite well. 

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

From what I understand Wilson does score. As Useless said he’s got something like 40 goals in 100 games of 90mins at PL level. So taken in its entirety his record is a goal every 2.5 games in PL which is pretty decent. I haven’t checked these numbers btw. 

40 goals in 136 games

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

40 goals in 136 games

I think the point Useless was basing it on is minutes on the pitch. Now checked and it’s 41 goals and 16 assists in 9557 minutes so 106 full games in PL. A goal every 2.4 games and a goal involvement every 1.8 games. 

As useless said those are the kinds of stats that get noticed. However in those Mackenzie interviews he talks about how much store scouts put in players who play every game. Wilson is really struggling there, where Watkins for example is really excellent. 

His record is 41 goals and 16 assists in 9559 minutes of premier league football, if you divide 9559 by 90 it comes to just over 106 games worth of premier league football that he's played in terms of minutes on the pitch.

We as most teams, can't go out and buy a striker that's scoring twenty plus goals in the premier league, so these are the kind of stats that we have to bear in mind if we're adamant that we want PL experience. I don't especially want Wilson, but at the same time definitely wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him either.

The sentence written in the Telegraph linking us to him is highly speculative anyway, seems like they've heard that Bournemouth might be interested in Hogan and are just guessing that we might be interested in Wilson as part of any deal.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I don't suppose anyone has a newish Porsche they'd like to swap for my 10yr old Kia? 

May aswell try my luck while we're on the subject of hard to believe swap deals. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't suppose anyone has a newish Porsche they'd like to swap for my 10yr old Kia? 

May aswell try my luck while we're on the subject of hard to believe swap deals. 

Depends if you are throwing a 100k in along with your Kia? The swap deal becomes a bit more believable then. 

An deal for Wilson would be mainly a transfer fee. Hogan would  be added as a gesture of good will.

9 hours ago, Gillz said:
Rank Player Club Nationality Stat 
1. Jack Grealish t7.pngAston Villa
 England
2. Trézéguet t7.pngAston Villa
 Egypt
3. Wesley t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil
4. Anwar El Ghazi t7.pngAston Villa
 Netherlands
5. Conor Hourihane t7.pngAston Villa
 Ireland
5. John McGinn t7.pngAston Villa
 Scotland
5. Douglas Luiz t7.pngAston Villa
 Brazil

That's the list of our goal-scorers from last season. (bit harsh on Wes due to the injury), but worth noting that our other strikers got 1 goal combined. That simply isn't good enough. Now i'd love for us to unearth the next star who is going to score 20 a season, but i just dont think it's going to happen.

Instead, i think it's quite sensible to sign a few attacking options (Wilson, Watkins, another TBC) etc with the hope that they will combine collectively for those magical 20 goals that would ensure us an mid-table finish

And we stayed up 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

“Good day shopkeeper, I would like a lucky dip, please... and as a gesture of goodwill, I will curl out a nice steaming turd on your counter”

Bluenose in their club shop?

The goals to minutes ratio does make Wilson's record look better, but looking at it that way he missed 84 games out of the 190 in that record. So that would be missing almost half the games he could play for us and would average out at 1 goal every 5 games we play and about 7/8 for the season as his history suggests and we'd hope for more from our main striker. I'm not sure how we'd fair any better in keeping him fit then Bournemouth did, although we appear to have done so with Mings. 

As I said in an earlier post, if he was signing as a squad player then great, but I don't think he would join to be one and we wouldn't pay at least £60k a week for someone who wasn't a key player. 

Upgrade on Hogan definitely, main striker for us and worth the same wages as our key player's, I'm not convinced as we don't have the squad/luxury for a key/top end player to only play half our games. 

I think it's tabloid nonsense anyway but if it did come through I'd welcome him to the club, hope he fairs well and proves my worries wrong. 

Bournemouth's big earners are now mill stones around their necks. It doesn't surprise me that they will try and exhange these players for players on less money.

The one thing Hogans Blose spell did was prove he can score goals at Championship level. He's going to be in demand.

I'm not fussed with Wilson. He's looked great at times but not for a good while. If we could get him in to add depth and it didn't cost us much I could see the logic. Not as a main striker though. We have to get that position right.