Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

keep signing championship players and we'll end up back there !!!!

You beat me by 1 minute! 
If they’d absolutely destroyed the league then fair enough... but they didn’t... and they are a lot of money. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Can you imagine if anyone signed Grealish, McGinn or Mings off us last year? They’d definitely be relegated. 

Grealish has been a top drawer player for a couple of years.

Mcginn was nothing special this year at all

Mings was purchased from the premier league.

Just now, Genie said:

You beat me by 1 minute! 
Of they’d absolutely destroyed the league then fair enough... but they didn’t... and they are a lot of money. 

I mean to the extent that anybody can destroy a league, they've done it? They scored 43 goals between them. They're going to be cleaning up the end of season awards. Benrahma was Whoscored's best rated player in the league etc.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Grealish has been a top drawer player for a couple of years.

Mcginn was nothing special this year at all

Mings was purchased from the premier league.

So there are absolutely no top drawer players in the Championship then, no? 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Can you imagine if anyone signed Grealish, McGinn or Mings off us last year? They’d definitely be relegated. 

You miss my point.

Now we have managed to stay up by the skin of our teeth with the 3 players who are Prem level we need to be aiming our sights higher with our signings.

We have rich owners.

When Man City and Chelsea were in this position they didn't raid Brentford or the rest of the championship !!!!

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

You miss my point.

Now we have managed to stay up by the skin of our teeth with the 3 players who are Prem level we need to be aiming our sights higher with our signings.

We have rich owners.

When Man City and Chelsea were in this position they didn't raid Brentford or the rest of the championship !!!!

That’s because FFP wasn’t a thing when they did it. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Benrahma was Whoscored's best rated player in the league etc.

17 goals in 46 games in the second tier for big money is a risk. We need someone with that kind of return against the best defences in the world, over 38 games.

I’d rather we spent the money on players who have scored consistently at the top level.

Just now, Genie said:

17 goals in 46 games in the second tier for big money is a risk. We need someone with that kind of return against the best defences in the world, over 38 games.

I’d rather we spent the money on players who have scored consistently at the top level.

That's gonna cost you about £60m

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s because FFP wasn’t a thing when they did it. 

and it's not now......

and it does not mean we have to spend our money on championship players, or the equivalent European leagues

Edited by imavillan

Just now, Genie said:

You’d need at least 80-100m to buy someone at that level. 

They also wouldn’t want to come here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

He's a winger/attacking midfielder, that is a magnificent return (don't forget the 9 assists). We're not signing a winger with a 1 in 2 record in a top league, we're not one of the Manchester clubs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need to improve the team. That's the main thing. These players would definitely improve us. Bowen is a similar level of signing, and a recent one, and he looks at home. 

With these two players no more Trezeguet and no more Samatta. There will be more signings too (if they happen).

Some signings are going to be easier to make than others. 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

You beat me by 1 minute! 
If they’d absolutely destroyed the league then fair enough... but they didn’t... and they are a lot of money. 

They did. Best players in the league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Lots of Liverpool fans on Twitter are saying we have bud for Origi 17.4 million and it's been rejected.

That's a lot of Bud

ontheroad_nashua_0110.jpg.jpg

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

If we blow £50m on 2 Championship players then I’m worried we’ve not learned our lesson.

At that kind of price they HAVE to make the step up, which is a risk and it’s pressure. 

I'm fairly confident that no matter where they end up, the prices of Watkins and Benrahma won't total £50 million.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

So, just to confirm, we shouldn’t be looking at Benrahma. We need to instead look for a winger who scored 17 goals last season against some of the best defences in the world.

Bet there is plenty of them about.

Lol.

• Like 1