Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Benrahma is worth £18-20 million at the very most, untried at the top level and performed poorly in the play-off final when they needed him.

Watkins in relation to Maupay last year much the same price for me.

I don't see how anyone could pay over £20 million for a Championship player who has never played in the PL.

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I really don't know why people seem to be panicking that we haven't signed anyone yet or might not sign the right quality. Firstly, the season only officially finished last night and there's still 2 months left of the window and secondly, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we won't buy quality. All the signs are that we have a huge transfer budget and we know how ambitious the owners are. To me, it seems like worrying for the sake of worrying.

If its worrying for the sake of worrying, I'm not worried at all....Its worrying when there is plenty to worry about, that worries me.😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "Sports News @SkySportsNews. 5m sports Brentford duo Said Benrahma and Ollie Watkins have been valued at over £50m by club after the Bees' Championship play- final defeat against Fulham. WATKINS 17 OUERLD 10 CENTRE TRANSFERCENTRE TRANSFERCENTRE TRANSFER CENTRE Brentford duo Benrahma and Watkins valued at more than £50m sports"

HAHA they can stick their 50m where the sun dont shine

I do hate sky so effing much. Assuming their other report about Watkins having an £18m release clause is correct, why even bother putting them in a single post with a combined fee. No way they value Benrahma at £32m. This is clearly made up bollox to appear sensationalist and get clikbait. If they can offer a bet that they both go to the same club at the same time via sky bet, ooooo, lets watch the money roll in. Scum bags 

• Like 1

Brentford want in excess of £50m to sell the two best parts of their BMW - Said Benrahma and Ollie Watkins.

The Bees value the pair at more than £25m each following their stellar campaigns in a front-three alongside Bryan Mbuemo.

The trio scored a combined 57 goals as the west London club were almost promoted to the Premier League for the first time in their history, losing to Fulham in last night's final at Wembley.

There will be no fire sale of the team's best players after this defeat, but the Bees know there is considerable interest in both Benrahma and Watkins, and they are open to strong offers.

However, reports Watkins has an £18m release clause in his contract are wide of the mark.

Algeria winger Benrahma is high on the lists of a string of Premier League clubs including West Ham and Aston Villa.

Watkins is also wanted by Villa boss Dean Smith after working with him at Griffin Park, while the striker remains a long-term target for Crystal Palace too.

Brentford will review the contracts of all their players this summer, including the front three.

They already have targets lined up to replace Watkins, including Peterborough's Ivan Toney and Arsenal youngster Folarin Bolagun, and wingers to replace Benrahma.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12043063/brentford-value-said-benrahma-and-ollie-watkins-at-more-than-25m-each

The article

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

£50m for the pair isn't all that bad in terms of value. If it's their opening valuation and it can be negotiated down then I think that's actually quite encouraging. 

Both bought for peanuts....its not a bad business model( at that rate), they have is it?......perhaps we should be picking them up at source like they do.

We have been burnt once with Hogan.....lets not go back for more.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Sounds like Brentford are pushing up Benrahma's price to try and make up for the money they'll lose on Watkins because of his relelase clause, we shouldn't be paying anymore than £20m for Benrahma. Nearly £40m for the two of them, two players in their mid twenties who haven't played at an higher level than the championship is probably too much as it is.

Edouard would be a coup for us, will probably end up somewhere like Arsenal or Leicester, as we're now bidding for Watkins I suspect our interest in him has ended, as I can't see us spending £18mil on Watkins and then another £30m on Eduardo, that would leave us with Davis, Wesley, Samatta, Edouard and Watkins, even if Davis goes out on loan, we aren't going to have the other four all fighting for one position, if Watkins signs he'll be our main striker signing, and possibly the only striker we sign this window.

Edited by useless

I know the cost of transfers have lost the run of themselves in modern football but there's absolutely no way Buendia goes for £35 million. And if he did it'd be a ridiculous decision from whoever paid it.

Same with that £40 million tag on Edouard. I don't doubt that Celtic have put it out there as posturing, but I'd be surprised if it's any more than around £30 million given he only has a couple of years on his contract and it's not like he's light years beyond Tierney and Dembele, who are their most expensive departures and were sold in the £20-25 million range quite recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Sounds like Brentford are pushing up Benrahma's price to try and make up for the money they'll lose on Watkins because of his relelase clause, we shouldn't be paying anymore than £20m for Benrahma. Nearly £40m for the two of them, two players in their mid twenties who haven't played at an higher level than the championship is probably too much as it is.

Eduardo would be a coup for us, will probably end up somewhere like Arsenal or Leicester, as we're now bidding for Watkins I suspect our interest in him has ended, as I can't see us spending £18mil on Watkins and then another £30m on Eduardo, that would leave us with Davis, Wesley, Samatta, Eduardo and Watkins, even if Davis goes out on loan, we aren't going to have the other four all fighting for one position, if Watkins signs he'll be our main striker signing, and possibly the only striker we sign this window.

Disgusted Design GIF

27 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Celtic were low balling Hibs at the time for mcginn when we made our bid

Interesting fact, mcginns granda used to own Celtic back in the 80’s.  Maybe he put them up to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Eduardo would be a coup for us, will probably end up somewhere like Arsenal or Leicester, as we're now bidding for Watkins I suspect our interest in him has ended, as I can't see us spending £18mil on Watkins and then another £30m on Eduardo, that would leave us with Davis, Wesley, Samatta, Eduardo and Watkins, even if Davis goes out on loan, we aren't going to have the other four all fighting for one position, if Watkins signs he'll be our main striker signing, and possibly the only striker we sign this window.

If watkins is signed as our main striker we will be in serious trouble next season and will not have learnt any lessons from last summer debacle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

A few people have made this comparison on this thread - without getting into the comparative merits of the individual players, for me the Championship is a higher level of football than the Scottish Premiership.

• Like 1

Well tts now come out that Watkns doesn't have a release clause and Brentford want £25m, meanng if we do sign him it will make it even more less likely that we will be signing another striker for big money. I like what I've seen of Watkins this season, and Brentford are well within their right to ask £20m plus for him, he's been just as impressive, if not more so than Maupay was for them, but I'd prefer us to go for someone more proven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

That's a lot of money for players to be a flop in the Premier League.

The league eats you up, if you are not physically and mentally atuned to the rigours of it......we need to be very careful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Well tts now come out that Watkns doesn't have a release clause and Brentford want £25m, meanng if we do sign him it will make it even more less likely that we will be signing another striker for big money. I like what I've seen of Watkins this season, and Brentford are well within their right to ask £20m plus for him, he's been just as impressive, if not more so than Maupay was for them, but I'd prefer us to go for someone more proven.

I largely agree with you there - I think that what Watkins has going for him is that of the players we're linked with, he's the one with the most attractive price tag. For me, we buy the wingers first then see what we've got left for full backs, a centre back and a forward and buy accordingly.

• Thanks 1