Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

No team with Pontus Jannson in will ever be promoted from the Championship. The man is like a jinx! Leeds has 3 goes with him and managed after he left, then Brentford had a go and failed, they’ll manage it once he goes to another team.

EDIT: sorry wrong thread.

Edited by alreadyexists
Wrong thread

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What has not been mentioned I don’t think about Edouard is that he acne through the PSG youth system and left for 1st team football... I cannot comment on him as I’ve not seen much but would love a double deal for him and AJer with Lansbury and Hogan/samatta included. One can dream 

That actually seems like a good deal for both us and Celtic to be fair.

My dad is a massive Celtic fan so when I visit him in Brum I see a lot of the games. I’ve seen a lot of Edouard and I was impressed on every occasion (minus the cup final last December as Celtic were awful but still won some how). It is a risk as the football in Scotland is miles behind the PL, could argue championship in the odd case, but I do feel the boy will be a big player one day. If the price is right is much rather a gamble on him than Watkins. Just a personal preference nothing more. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No team with Pontus Jannson in will ever be promoted from the Championship. The man is like a jinx! Leeds has 3 goes with him and managed after he left, then Brentford had a go and failed, they’ll manage it once he goes to another team.

Ha! Poor old Pontus :D

3EA12E37-0B73-4651-8AB4-4E77AB56CAB6.jpeg

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Suring up the midfield was where we got results and where the defence got far better.

The midfield 3 needs to be mgginn luiz and a better version of Connor.

Jack on the left... an other on the right and a forward who has pace and can score up front.

Jack in the middle makes us too soft and easily over run. He also gets surrounded far easier and quicker making him far less influential.

Totally agree with this. If we buy Benrahama he will be Jacks understudy which I am fine with if we can afford to have a £25m player on the bench? I want Buendia on the right and as you say a really strong left footed midfielder who can perform with set piece delivery. Key purchase will be a goal scoring CF( preference Tammy as well known to club and players and always gave it everything...better the devil you know).We also need competition for Targett and an experienced RCB alongside Mings for Konza to learn from and challenge. I would keep RB as it is. Understudy to McGinn would also be good so I can see the idea of McCarthey. I would estimate £130m to achieve these objectives as a net spend after recovering some cash from a few surplus sales.

likely squad:

Heaton, Reina (loan) Nyland

Guilbert, Elmo           Sokratis, Konza           Mings, Hause             Targett, Hickey/Robinson

Mcginn, McCarthy            Luiz, Nakamba                  New LCM, Hourihane

Buendia, Trez                                        Tammy, Wesley                                  Grealish, Benrahma

• Like 1

I’d be quite happy with Edouard as our main striker signing, not really fussed about Watkins but I’d swap him in for Davis going out on loan to another team in the EFL. I’d take Benrahma, but we need a quality right winger. Benrahma would add a threat off the bench and can compete/rotate with Jack (assuming he stays), on the left. I wouldn’t be opposed to having Benrahma, Jack, new RW, and El Ghazi and Trez competing for two positions. 

52 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen quite a bit of Brentford this season and Watkins is much better than Hogan and a completely different type player really, has easilly been the best striker in the championship, better than Mitrovic.

The problem with signing him for the £20m plus that it would take, is that if we spend that much on him we aren't then going to spend another £30m or so on someone like Edouard, Abraham, Iheanacho and so on, if he signs he will be our main striker signing, so it becomes a question as to whether we'd be better of paying around £20m for him hoping he can make the step up, or paying more for someone more proven at an higher level.

Even if we sign Watkins I still think we'll sign a striker. Watkins can also play out wide and Wesley may be a long time from being match fit. Watkins cover 2 positions, a smart signing.

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke IMO.

• Haha 1

He's just a must buy for £18m.

An all-round, intelligent forward who can play RW or CF, the two positions we currently have zero players good enough.

Would be an outstanding buy. I'd rather Watkins than Benrahma right now. We have Jack for left wing day one of the new season.

• Like 4