Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Guilbert absolute bargain for 5mil. Better than targett who cost 15. Trez brought in loads of money from Arabia and Egypt and kept us up.

I think Targett is probably three times the player that Guilbert is. What was that stat about Targett having the 4th most chances created from full back? Where would Guilbert be on that list I wonder?

Targett is always calm on the ball. Guilbert isn't terrible on the ball, but he is cautious and doesn't really create much. I did have a look and their assist stats are similar, but I genuinely rate Targett.

Gah I keep saying the same things over and over. I think we need to sign someone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I think Targett is probably three times the player that Guilbert is. What was that stat about Targett having the 4th most chances created from full back? Where would Guilbert be on that list I wonder?

Targett is always calm on the ball. Guilbert isn't terrible on the ball, but he is cautious and doesn't really create much. I did have a look and their assist stats are similar, but I genuinely rate Targett.

Gah I keep saying the same things over and over. I think we need to sign someone.

Everytime I watch villa, I cringe when the right winger gets the ball. So many of the goals we concede come from the right wing because targett doesn't close down.

Targett has created 9 big chances 3rd most among full backs but then he is playing next to grealish. I could create that many chances because all the players are marking grealish and none are marking targett. They have the same number of assists this season although targett should have more.

Guilbert is also among the best in tackles per 90 whereas targett is shit at it. Also targett always loses his man at the back post I.e Walcott against Everton. Half the time shits himself when receives the ball on the halfway line with no one behind him and just hoofs it. At least Taylor kept the ball.

Targett is so overrated on here and I just don't understand it. Most of the time I have felt he is at fault for the goals we have conceded and he doesn't offer enough going forward to compensate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Interesting. Due to his attitude/personality or ability? 

Don’t know anything about the first two so assume they are okay but I question his ability. He has had spells in the Prem before and never impressed, Newcastle fans certainly didn’t rate him and I’d guess he had about a 1 in 4 ratio.

There is a reason he is at Fulham in the Championship and not already in the Premier League and it’s not the pull or financial might of Fulham.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Everytime I watch villa, I cringe when the right winger gets the ball. So many of the goals we concede come from the right wing because targett doesn't close down.

Targett has created 9 big chances 3rd most among full backs but then he is playing next to grealish. I could create that many chances because all the players are marking grealish and none are marking targett. They have the same number of assists this season although targett should have more.

Guilbert is also among the best in tackles per 90 whereas targett is shit at it. Also targett always loses his man at the back post I.e Walcott against Everton. Half the time shits himself when receives the ball on the halfway line with no one behind him and just hoofs it. At least Taylor kept the ball.

Targett is so overrated on here and I just don't understand it. Most of the time I have felt he is at fault for the goals we have conceded and he doesn't offer enough going forward to compensate. 

At the very least it's pretty fascinating how both players have their supporters. I get frustrated that Guilbert offers nothing and goes hiding a bit and is overly cautious. I also see his tackling as desperate and don't think he's a particularly good defender. Targett has had some moments of quality Guilbert hasn't come close to. 

Your comment about having Grealish ahead of him is an interesting one but there are plenty of times Targett has come under pressure and has still shown his quality.

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is, he has shown it this season for Chelsea in my opinion. He’s one of the best young strikers in the world for me, Chelsea would be silly to let him go I think

He's really not anywhere near that level. He'd be decent for us in our current position but he's never going to be a top level striker.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Abraham is not worth 40mill pounds crazy money as usually English players over inflated.

The market is the market. That’s like going and looking at a house in Mayfair and saying “It’s not worth that just because it’s in Mayfair I could get the same in Leeds for x”, it’s not the same house.

Abraham is worth £40m because that is the sort of money any striker who has scored 15 in 34 games is going to cost. It’s not so much that he is English more than he has scored those goals in England.

Look at the prices for Wesley, Sarr, Haller, Joelinton last summer for players who haven’t scored 15 PL goals before their moves.

If Abraham was Dutch and had exactly the same career stats for the same clubs you can’t tell me he would be valued at less just because he wasn’t English.

• Like 2

On 01/08/2020 at 18:38, messi11 said:

Whoever did this is crazy! leaving Update Cookie Settings on the bench? MAD! I would start him instead of Sanson 

Anyone for Divock Origi?? I see his name popping up now that we might sign from LiVarFool..

Ruben Shakpoke in talks to join the academy, apparantly scored 11 goal in one game but I'm having a tough time believing that.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Does that work like tea leaves?

Much more difficult. You have to spaf it all over a mirror, preferably full length. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I reckon we need:

1 top class striker - Dream signing: Abraham (40m)

1 LW - Dream signing: Benrahma (30m)

1 RW - Dream signing: Sarr (30m)

1 player to play where Hourihane has been playing in the midfield lately - Dream signing: Buendia or Eze (25m)

1 experienced CB - this one can be cheap/free.

That's at least another 125m spent again. We might be able to save money on the striker and get a backup fullback too. 

If we're in relegation trouble with this team next season we might as well pack it up and be a Championship club for the rest of time.

Abraham

Benrahma                           Sarr

Grealish        McGinn

Luiz

Targett   Mings   Konsa/New CB    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Konsa/New CB, Buendia, Wesley, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Hourihane, Taylor/new FB

Inanacho 25m

Sarr 35m

Eze 20m

Doucoure 25m

Stones 20m

Aarons 20m

Wijndal 10m

Total - 155m

Sell/Release

Kalinic/Nyland/Taylor/Elmo/Engels/Chester/Bree/Lansbury/Jota/Green to save on wages and to raise what we can to offset the spend (not much)

Inanacho

Eze                               Sarr

Grealish       

McGinn    Luiz

Wijndal      Mings   Stones    Aarons

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Nakamba, Doucoure, Guilbert, Wesley, El Ghazi

That is the perfect window, full of everything we need, including options, pace from the wing backs and wide forwards.

Easily a top half team

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Buendia has the 4th most chances created in the prem this season, behind De Bruyne, Alexander-Arnold and Grealish.

4th......playing for Norwich, I want buendia on one wing, and grealish on the other please, pretty please.

With samatta up front to get on the end of every pass from our superstar wingers only to miss every header...😂

• Haha 1