Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I think this is an extremely narrow-minded way of recruiting players. Just because we've recruited poorly from overseas doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to buying locally. Wesley, Trezeguet, Nakamba, etc are poor footballers; it's nothing to do with adapting to the league. Drinkwater, McCormack, Baston, etc had experience of the leagues they were bought to play in. It doesn't mean they should be signed. 

Absolutely.

It's really really easy to not buy bad players. There's no excuse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skell said:

Good point.  We didnt last year. Why would we this year

Been said many times.  Last year we need quantity of players, this year needs less so we can buy quality which obviously costs more.  I think we’ll spend probably the same amount but for half the number of players.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Been said many times.  Last year we need quantity of players, this year needs less so we can buy quality which obviously costs more.  I think we’ll spend probably the same amount but for half the number of players.

I agree completely. Someone said recently,  maybe Purslow, it's the wages that cripple the clubs. I hope we go 100k plus. I cant see it!

Just now, skell said:

I agree completely. Someone said recently,  maybe Purslow, it's the wages that cripple the clubs. I hope we go 100k plus. I cant see it!

I don’t think we have a choice as the owners won’t be happy with another relegation battle season after season.  Our rivals all have bigger wage bills so they have players on or around 100k, even Bmouth’s Wilson is on 110k per week.

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Again you are taking me out of context, I’m saying we have a player...Tammy, who ticks the boxes we want. Why for a bit less money do we risk that with a player (any from your list) that is quality but has many risks having never played in this country.

I’m not saying not to buy foreign players, I’m saying on this one take the easy and low risk option that will cost a little bit more money.

Do what you like for the rest of the positions.

edit: plus there are many foreign players that are failures that have been at Villa.

Fair enough, but Tammy would cost around £50m, which would be a huge risk given what he produces. I really don't think the players I mentioned would be any riskier at circa £25m

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The chart you got this info from contained data from our time in the championship. 

Yes and we let higher earners go and some low earners and brought in mostly low earners. I’d be surprised if we were much different in terms of wage bill

edit: trying to work out decrease in wages compared to increase from new players but havent got all the players and now the FA Cup Final is starting so i'm giving up.  Unless somebody shows me otherwise I think it will be roughly the same.

Edited by nick76

Giggs telling solskjaer to swoop for both Grealish and Sancho, I'd call that greedy and a waste of talent. Players would rot if they are to be rotated as much as they would be if they acquired the two of them. I think if UTD went and got both Grealish and Sancho, Grealish would be without a doubt behind them all for choice to bring on pitch.

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I wouldn’t mind us signing a proper DM to allow Luiz (and McGinn) to roam a little more and support the attack.

Luiz has done really well in that role but think we’re limiting his game by keeping him in the DM position.

priorities for me are

ST -  someone who can actually score goals (happy with Wesley, Samatta and Davis to a degree as a back ups)

LW/RW - two players needed at first teamers (again happy with AEG and Trez as rotation/back up)

DM - as mentioned above (could still use Luiz and Nakamba as rotation)

CB - experiences CB to partner Mings (although think Konsa will continue to improve) 

I'd say these positions are the priority but CB before DM.

I also never want to see AEG play for us again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skell said:

Absolutely spot on if we make the right signings we can really.kick on . Personally I would get rid of samatta and look to sign a proven premier striker with experience. Maybe like Burnley did with Rodriguez. 

If we have 2 wingers and grealish it really gives us great options. Against the weaker teams jack can play in the middle 3 and let the wingers do the damage up top.

Not sure we need another CB

Well that would surely be Wilson if we were to get rid of Samatta and still sign a class forward as well.

• Like 1