Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

46 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

No way at £50m. Not much more than £30m for me.

But isn’t that like what we say about Man Utd fans views about Grealish.  He’s worth what he’s worth, you either pay it or you don’t.  I don’t see many alternatives and especially alternatives that aren’t high risk.  I say do it and sign him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Have Smith, Purslow and Lange even sat down yet?

I'm getting anxious.

If not in person there are Things like zoom - they may be having a short break but I’m sure they keep in contact 

Just now, nick76 said:

But isn’t that like what we say about Man Utd fans views about Grealish.  He’s worth what he’s worth, you either pay it or you don’t.  I don’t see many alternatives and especially alternatives that aren’t high risk.  I say do it and sign him.

I’d think £40m may tempt them , I agree , we know what he can do so less risk - go get him 

46 minutes ago, skell said:

All this transfer talk is interesting but let's not forget wages.   Doesnt Tammy want around 150,000 a week at Chelsea. Isnt Grealish on around 60000 a week. We have to be realistic and I dont think we will pay more than 60,000 a week. 

Forget the defence we are fine. Give me Benrahma, another striker, a winger and a central midfielder.

If we want to move to mid table we are going to have to get better quality and that means more money on wages.  Wilson is on 110k per week at Bmouth.  If we still at top of sixty grand then we will be fighting relegation every week.  I’d rather pay an extra 40k a week for Tammy than Wilson for example.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’d think £40m may tempt them , I agree , we know what he can do so less risk - go get him 

Yeah I agree 

I don’t know what the number is but less risk is a massive positive for me.  I’d rather pay over the top for less risk than smaller value for a high risk.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I agree 

I don’t know what the number is but less risk is a massive positive for me.  I’d rather pay over the top for less risk than smaller value for a high risk.

Agreed. We definitely need to take less risks with our signings this year. Also could do without waiting 6months for players to settle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Brentford don’t go up we need to go all out for Watkins. He looks a really tidy player and will work hard. 

My dream signings would be:

Watkins, Abraham, Sarr and Buendia. 

Perfect blend of pace, skill and hard work. 

The lack of a keeper would worry me. Heaton is basically Darren Anderton with gloves on.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Agreed. We definitely need to take less risks with our signings this year. Also could do without waiting 6months for players to settle.

Plus I’m still waiting to hear who this striker is that is better value than Tammy that we could realistically get, wants to come here and isn’t high risk of new country, language and as you say settling in period.  

If there is a player, bring him forward otherwise I want Tammy and will pay handsomely for him.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, Wesley was also injured for half a season so it's unknown how much he would have scored.

Though, look at other clubs and the players they are signing... Haller for £50m, Joelinton (sp) for £40m. Strikers are pricey. No doubt there's better deals out there, not disputing that. Though, I have no idea who they are or if we can even attract them? Will teams want to sell their best assets to us on the cheap when looking at the fees paid for other strikers? I think it's incredibly unlikely. 

Sorry, I was referring to you saying that £25m will get you 6-10 goals. I think there are far better deals to be done if we recruit wisely. People always mention the Joelintons, etc, but these are extremely poor signings, they're not the benchmark for £40m attackers. 

Off the top of my head, Andrej Kramaric, Florian Thauvin, Arkadiusz Milik, Paco Alcacer, Gerard Moreno, Filip Kostic, Quincy Promes, Kevin Volland, Bruno Henrique, Viktor Tsygankov, Edin Visca, and Giorgian De Arrascaeta are all really good attacking players that would cost far less than £40m.

Moussa Dembele anyone? Was being linked to Chelsea before they signed Werner and in my opinion would be far better striker for us than Abraham. He is kind of the ideal we want wesley to develop into. He is fast strong and only 24. With the French season being suspended I could totally see him being available for under 40 million and in my mind that would be a coup. If we were going to spend 50 million on a striker it shouldn't be Tammy and should be someone like Dembele. If his price is reduced I would love to get him and karlan grant (who I think could score 10-15 in his first season with us if he started every game) 

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Sorry, I was referring to you saying that £25m will get you 6-10 goals. I think there are far better deals to be done if we recruit wisely. People always mention the Joelintons, etc, but these are extremely poor signings, they're not the benchmark for £40m attackers. 

Off the top of my head, Andrej Kramaric, Florian Thauvin, Arkadiusz Milik, Paco Alcacer, Gerard Moreno, Filip Kostic, Quincy Promes, Kevin Volland, Bruno Henrique, Viktor Tsygankov, Edin Visca, and Giorgian De Arrascaeta are all really good attacking players that would cost far less than £40m.

All massive risks of even performing in the premier league and at least settling in.

Still prefer Tammy!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Plus I’m still waiting to hear who this striker is that is better value than Tammy that we could realistically get, wants to come here and isn’t high risk of new country, language and as you say settling in period.  

If there is a player, bring him forward otherwise I want Tammy and will pay handsomely for him.

I agree.

I would be happy if we paid up to £50m for him, whatever way it works out that we pay it.

It's the wage factor with a catch 22 element.

Go to Villa only on around 90k a week but guaranteed 1st team football in effect, and back to a club he knows with players he knows.

Stay at Chelsea for around £150k a week but cannot be guaranteed enough assurances over how much playing time he gets.

Euro 2020 next year and the lad will want playing time.

I say we go get him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

No more than Dimitri Payet, Ngolo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Bruno Fernandes, Ricardo Pereira and a million others were

We cant afford to take the risk of.buying potential who aren't aware of how the premier league works

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

No more than Dimitri Payet, Ngolo Kante, Riyad Mahrez, Bruno Fernandes, Ricardo Pereira and a million others were

and a million and more that were failures.  We don’t have the luxury of getting it wrong, why take the risk for a few extra bucks, it makes no sense.