Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

What that table really shows is that the more you pay in wages, the more likely you are to be high in the table.   

4 of the top 10 in the Premier League pay low salaries, for me it shows you can throw shit away but doesnt guarantee success

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Is this a good list or not, who would be your pick out of this list of strikers??

I think I'd go for either Dzyuba or Tammy but Silva still would be crazy if anyone on that list we could lure, I'm sure wed all be loving it right??

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-abraham-belotti-18698686

That's a good list. Belotti or Abraham for me. Tehrimi would be a good cheaper additional signing to provide cover. Weissman too as a cheaper option to bring off the bench. You can buy poulsen to play off the wings too as well as through the middle.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

That's a good list. Belotti or Abraham for me. Tehrimi would be a good cheaper additional signing to provide cover. Weissman too as a cheaper option to bring off the bench. You can buy poulsen to play off the wings too as well as through the middle.

I really like how you put that and your thinking on how you would play them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are people saying we should buy back to back relegated Billing?

Going back the years, we'll find good players done the same thing. I won't spend much on him, but if he's available on a reasonable fee, I'd take him. We need something different than what we have. He doesn't need to be starting week in week out. All of our midfield are lightweight.

I'd look at offers for Samatta, El Ghazi/Trez, Nakamba. Free up wages of Lansbury, Jota, Kalinic. I'm sure the latter would be a bit harder.

I think we could get 10m for Trez, not sure about the others if they're even get us what we've spent on them. But 25m for all of those would be huge. But that with keeping either Trez or El Ghazi.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think Billing has played better than Mcginn this season, even before the injury.

Billing has been a handful for alot of teams, we would be wise to bring him here and have a back up or competition for SJM.

Having SJM or Billing on subs bench would be a brilliant option I think.

4a2r63.jpg

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

interesting stats here:

image.png.7626567e99681582cedb5fefbb6e18f5.png

for our current wage bill (65m), we have the 4th most efficient point to wage bill average.

Our point per million pounds spent on wages is 0.54.

Interesting for sure.

Amazing to see that Palace have double our wage bill, Everton nearly triple, Southampton almost double.

Now with our second season in the Prem secured, should allow us to increase our wages a fair bit, i remember Purslow saying due to FFP etc, it really limited our available wages due to only being in the Prem for 1 season. (now 2)

I saw a different version  - the points are 2019/20 but the wage bills are 2018/19

Edited by SirSteveUK

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

In the official stats for the season. McGinn scores more, assists more, passes better, tackles more, fouls less, better pass success, more key passes and is fouled more but Billing has more interceptions at least

Billing is a nothing player

I haven't looked at the stats, but you may be right. Billing definitely isn't a nothing player though. 

And personally I don't think McGinn was impressive when he was put in a more attacking role, so if it's not Billing it's got to be someone else. 

Would people be happy if we could get Callum Wilson and Karlan Grant in? They would cost approx £10m each but would offer us so much more than Samatta and Davis.

Wilson’s wages could be an issue I suppose and Spurs appear interested, which could make a deal difficult. Grant must be very gettable though.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Would people be happy if we could get Callum Wilson and Karlan Grant in? They would cost approx £10m each but would offer us so much more than Samatta and Davis.

Wilson’s wages could be an issue I suppose and Spurs appear interested, which could make a deal difficult. Grant must be very gettable though.

Grant yes. I think we can do better than Wilson and we need to. 

15 minutes ago, John said:

Grant yes. I think we can do better than Wilson and we need to. 

I honestly think Wilson could offer good value this summer mate. Still only 28, has the power and pace required, and still wants to play for England.  Keep him fit and he’s a good Premier League striker. There won’t be many Premier League strikers, who are capable of scoring over 10 plus goals available for approx £10m. 

Talk of Tammy would be amazing, but he’d cost around £40-£50m or more.

Edited by ferguson1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

interesting stats here:

image.png.7626567e99681582cedb5fefbb6e18f5.png

for our current wage bill (65m), we have the 4th most efficient point to wage bill average.

Our point per million pounds spent on wages is 0.54.

Interesting for sure.

Amazing to see that Palace have double our wage bill, Everton nearly triple, Southampton almost double.

Now with our second season in the Prem secured, should allow us to increase our wages a fair bit, i remember Purslow saying due to FFP etc, it really limited our available wages due to only being in the Prem for 1 season. (now 2)

Have a look at the bit in italics. For all the promoted teams the figures used are for our promotion, Championship season. So that's our wage bill before contract increases kick in for promotion, and before spending £120million. It's pretty misleading and impossible to know the real figure. 

19 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Nah not for me. We don't need quantity up front. We need quality. We already got Wes, Davies and Samatta fighting for one spot, and none of the are exactly scoring for fun. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I really like how you put that and your thinking on how you would play them.

Two of the biggest problems we've had this season is lack of pace and lack of variety in our attacking positions. Our defence has a lot of variety. If you play against Burnley you can put Hause in to deal with the aerial threat , against quicker forwards Konsa and Mings. 

Up front we don't have those options hence I think if the Samatta leaving rumours are true then with no clear date on Wesley's return we probably need 2 strikers minimum and 2 wingers / wide forwards. There are rumours linking us to Karlan Grant who is another good option to have and develop.

So if we can pull off Abraham / Belotti with Grant / Weissman / Tarimi we've got good striking options. Competition for places and different types of strikers to do a job. I'd even be tempted to get an expensive striker with two additional cheaper ones who can be developed.