Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

He's also been at Nurenburg (when they were in the Bundesliga), Sampdoria and Porto but didn't play much at any of them but really found the right fit at Levante. He's a tempo midfielder and Smith really likes them although hasn't quite managed to get one in here when you think Tom Carroll and even Drinkwater were attempts that went a bit wrong.

Don't have a problem bringing him in as an alternative to Doug.

Edited by VillaChris

Never heard of Campaña before today, that video and descriptions make him sound like a defensive midfielder that's technically very good, similar to Luiz. There will be all sorts of links, not sure if this one has come from a reliable source, apparently Everton, Leeds and Arsenal also want him. In terms of central midfielders I think what we need most of all is a decent box-to-box midfieder.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Speaking with a Citeh mate tonight he reminded me when IhIheanacho first came on the scene full of confidence he had one of the best shot to goal ratios one season in the whole of Europe and got 12 goals x 19 shots in his first season. Maybe he can rekindle a bit of that swagger being #1.

Leicester paid £40 mill for Perez and £25 on IhIheanacho so they’ll be looking for £35-£40 million for him no doubt now ... That’s a big question mark ! 

I like Iheanacho, always manages to score past us.

I'd certainly be down for grabbing this guy, imagine him and Tammy as our two strikers, that is yummy  is it not.

Tammy would go for similar money Chelsea paid for Werner IMO.. Why would they sell a 15 Prem goal English talent for less than your new young unproven German talent ? £50million+ in reality 

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tammy would go for similar money Chelsea paid for Werner IMO.. Why would they sell a 15 Prem goal English talent for less than your new young unproven German talent ? 

That's what we have to do is pay the price to get the players we want and were now in a position to start making some really smart delicious pricey signings that we now need.

No point spending 20 mill on a guy and we know nothing of him or we make the same mistakes again like we did on Wesley,Samatta, Nakamba, Trezegeut and more. Let's spend the extra on players who are first team, bringing in players who provide, can be a menace, can make the stats, bring goals, change games. We are or should now be entering a world where we have to spend on players who make a difference on that pitch.

Edited by Dave-R

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Speaking with a Citeh mate tonight he reminded me when IhIheanacho first came on the scene full of confidence he had one of the best shot to goal ratios one season in the whole of Europe and got 12 goals x 19 shots in his first season. Maybe he can rekindle a bit of that swagger being #1.

Leicester paid £40 mill for Perez and £25 on IhIheanacho so they’ll be looking for £35-£40 million for him no doubt now ... That’s a big question mark ! 

Yep that's a big fee.

I think inechao is only 23 though ? - he's got PL experience - has scored goals in the PL and age wise is coming into his prime.

I'm all for it - apart from the fee - but we all thought the fee for Mings was OTT a year ago.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's also been at Nurenburg (when they were in the Bundesliga), Sampdoria and Porto but didn't play much at any of them but really found the right fit at Levante. He's a tempo midfielder and Smith really likes them although hasn't quite managed to get one in here when you think Tom Carroll and even Drinkwater were attempts that went a bit wrong.

Don't have a problem bringing him in as an alternative to Doug.

I don’t know the player, but absolutely spot on with the bolded bit. At Brentford he had Woods doing that role. I think we purchased Luiz with the hopes that he would do that role. Up until lockdown he wasn’t. Exactly why we went and got Drinkwater (just a shame he wasn’t fit), for me it was never about replacing McGinns injury. Luckily post lockdown Luiz stepped up to the mark. But it certainly can’t help have another option. Luiz could also then play box 2 box if needed. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Campaña sounds like a decent player, set up more chances than any other player in La Liga last season. Has a lot of experience playing at an high level as well, something we probably could have done with last season.

The same José Campaña that played 6 times and flopped at Crystal Palace in season 2013/14.

No from me.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

The same José Campaña that flopped at Crystal Palace in season 2013/14,

n

Playing under Tony Pulis, Serge Gnabry also flopped under Pulis

• Like 3

The open transfer window causes absolute silly season and delusions of grandeur with some Villa fans. No chance we're signing Abraham but in the alternative universe we did it'd be massive, stunned some folks are actually turning their noses up at the idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

he's not good enough for Villa Zatman

Gnabry or Campaña?  😉

If Campaña is good enough for Sevilla then he is good enough for Villa. Monchi is probably the best talent spotter in the world 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gnabry or Campaña?  😉

If Campaña is good enough for Sevilla then he is good enough for Villa. Monchi is probably the best talent spotter in the world 

Campaña. He plays for Levante now. Gnabry is a talent who also played under Pulis at baggies. 

Pulis hasn't a clue.

Edited by Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sevilla are favourites to sign him

How much for? We can do better. he doesn't suit the uk game. Seen enough of him when younger to realise he's not that good.

Edited by Villan4Life