Jump to content
BOF

Formula One - 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BOF said:

True, although it is one of the few scenarios where it only takes one to tangle tango.

formula 1 mind blown GIF

I don't know how greasjon is still in f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem like a nice man, wonder if his middle name is Mengele?

Quote

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko wanted to organise a 'Corona Camp' for his team's drivers so they would deliberately get infected with COVID-19.

The Austrian, who is known to have been outspoken in his views during his long tenure as advisor to Dietrich Mateschitz, believed that exposing his drivers to coronavirus now would help make them immune in the future when the racing season got going again.

 

Speaking in a video interview with Austrian television station ORF, Marko said: "We have four Formula 1 drivers, and eight or 10 juniors.

"The idea was to organise a camp where we could bridge this mentally and physically somewhat dead time. And that would be the ideal time for the infection to come.

 

"These are all strong young men in really good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts. And you can be ready for what will probably be a very tough championship once it starts."

While Marko was convinced of the idea, he said his proposal did not go down well with other factions at Red Bull – so has been abandoned.

 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-red-bull-coronavirus-camp/4774807/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reviving the F1 thread with this. A shame really Seb never got a championship with Ferrari and with this I really think he's gonna call it a day and retire. 

Sainz to replace him with Danny Ric going to McLaren seems to be whats likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Reviving the F1 thread with this. A shame really Seb never got a championship with Ferrari and with this I really think he's gonna call it a day and retire. 

Sainz to replace him with Danny Ric going to McLaren seems to be whats likely. 

I could see him back at Red Bull, there’s a lot of love for him still there.

Hamilton has flirted with Ferrari a couple of times, I expect his agent will be using that seat for leverage of even more wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think Vettel has had enough. He could be tempted to Mercedes, but not while Hamilton is there.  He is a great Champion, but I believe unlike a few, he needs the best equipment to achieve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I personally think Vettel has had enough. He could be tempted to Mercedes, but not while Hamilton is there.  He is a great Champion, but I believe unlike a few, he needs the best equipment to achieve it.

A Hamilton / Vettel seat swap could work. I imagine Mercedes would take a German world champion driver if they had the chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Carlos Sainz has the Ferrari seat by the looks of things. Ricciardo going to McLaren too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's confirmed. Sainz is in at Ferrari.  The first time since 2007 that they haven't had a WDC in either seat (and they won the WDC that year ... ;)).  Danny Rick all but in at McLaren, which has gone down like a runny shit sandwich with Abiteboul over at Renault.  Will Renault go for (and get) Alonso?  Will they bring the Hulk back?  Will Vettel knock on Marko's door?  Will he go the Alonso route and do endurance racing or even DTM?

God I miss F1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BOF said:

Danny Rick all but in at McLaren

Now confirmed by Mclaren

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Genie said:

Now confirmed by Mclaren

Loving what they're doing at McLaren.  I was loving the Sainz/Norris line-up too.  Lando had a great mate there.  I don't think Danny will have it all his own way.  It'll be a good test of his eliteness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Vettel so I'm glad he's left.

Good for Sainz but part of me would have liked to see Ricciardo there. But I don't imagine he'd like playing second fiddle to Le Clerc like he did to Verstappen at Red Bull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate Vettel so I'm glad he's left.

Good for Sainz but part of me would have liked to see Ricciardo there. But I don't imagine he'd like playing second fiddle to Le Clerc like he did to Verstappen at Red Bull

I also find it hard to believe Sainz will be particularly enamoured with going there as a de facto number 2.  His career is on the up.  He's only 25 and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Leclerc several times on merit.  As for Ricciardo, I don't think Ferrari wanted to rock the Leclerc boat.  But I think there's a sting in that Spanish tail :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I also find it hard to believe Sainz will be particularly enamoured with going there as a de facto number 2.  His career is on the up.  He's only 25 and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Leclerc several times on merit.  As for Ricciardo, I don't think Ferrari wanted to rock the Leclerc boat.  But I think there's a sting in that Spanish tail :)

Sainz probably won't be, but I guess you don't say no to Ferrari, especially when you're coming from McLaren in their current state!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never fancied Ricciardo ending up at Ferrari, there was no way he'd accept being in the same position as he was at Red Bull with Max. With McLaren he's the clear number 1. Big fan of Sainz though and I loved the partnership he and Norris had so I really hope he does well at Ferrari. 

McLaren are definitely on the up and I had forgotten they'll be using Mercedes engines from 2021 so hopefully, as long as they keep this upward trajectory going, we could see Ricciardo on the podium again at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Austria is the 1st race.  Here's mystic BOF back in March.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and Silverstone has agreed to run 2 consecutive races.  Excellent!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So only 6 weeks to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 21/02/2020 at 09:41, AVFCDAN said:

Bold predictions for 2020.

Ocon finishes higher in the standings than Ricciardo. 

Norris finishes higher than Sainz.

Gunter continues to swear like a trooper at both of his drivers when they inevitably take each other out in a race.

 

Ok this has to be revised somewhat.

Ocon definitely beats Ricciardo now.

Norris still beats Sainz (surely promoted to number one driver now). Interesting to see who the number one driver is next year, as of right now Danny beats Norris for me.

Gunter still hates both of his drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Ok this has to be revised somewhat.

Ocon definitely beats Ricciardo now.

Norris still beats Sainz (surely promoted to number one driver now). Interesting to see who the number one driver is next year, as of right now Danny beats Norris for me.

Gunter still hates both of his drivers.

I think your original Danny prediction is nailed on now. There's no way Ocon's Renault beats a Danny Rick McLaren. And 2 things. Firstly Lando is never ever number 1 over Ricciardo at McLaren, and secondly a McLaren is not beating a Ferrari in the WDC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â