2020-21 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

Jared Veldheer is making savy moves. Coming out of his second retirement in December. Played for the Colts on Saturday, reverted back to the Practice Squad per Covid rules, gets picked up by the Packers and will start his second play-off game this weekend for a different team.

Ballin :lol:

Edited by Tegis

10 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Jared Veldheer is making savy moves. Coming out of his second retirement in December. Played for the Colts on Saturday, reverted back to the Practice Squad per Covid rules, gets picked up by the Packers and will start his second play-off game this weekend for a different team.

Ballin :lol:

First player to play in both AFC and NFC playoffs in the same year. I hope they close that loophole sharpish after this season.

200.gif

Texans are a mess. Why on Earth did I pick this team to support. 

Part of me thinks you don't give up a guy like Watson but even if we keep him, we've got nothing to build for him. I can see why he wants out. But then after what we got for Hopkins I dread to think what we'd get for Deshaun.

It would hurt, because of all he's done for the area but I think JJ deserves a shot on a better team. 

The more I hear about Jack Easterby, the more I hate the sound of the power he has there. 

Bill O'brien has destroyed a franchise.

Choosing a team, not based on geography is tricky.

I've told this story before but I was pretty flipfloppy when I first got into the NFL.

I was first year at uni, would watch the NFL at the union on a Sunday. I picked the Chiefs at first because they were playing in the first game I watched. That's it. But I never got really engaged, it was more 'who do you support?' 'The Chiefs' and nothing else.

The next summer I went to New York to work and had some New York friends who liked the Jets, so I said I followed the Jets, again, just saying I follow them and never watching games.

Then in 2012, my dad (a Seahawks fan) was telling me all about the season and this amazing rookie Russell Wilson, and I was like 'yeah yeah', then we watched the Skins game in the Wildcard together and I was hooked. I don't know what got me, the game itself, the team, or watching it with my game like I did for Villa? But that hooked me and I've been a proper fan since.

TL;DR @DCJonah if you feel a legit connection to the Texans, then keep it up. If you picked on a whim and you're forcing the support, then you can think about switching. No one will judge you for it.

22 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's never too late to find a new team especially if you use the XELA System.

X = Draw a big X across the name of your current team.

E = Enjoy life again with your new team

L = Lie about ever supporting the first team.

A = Act like nothing happened.

I like it. 

Die hard Chiefs fan it is then. 

drake lets go GIF

• Thanks 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Choosing a team, not based on geography is tricky.

I've told this story before but I was pretty flipfloppy when I first got into the NFL.

I was first year at uni, would watch the NFL at the union on a Sunday. I picked the Chiefs at first because they were playing in the first game I watched. That's it. But I never got really engaged, it was more 'who do you support?' 'The Chiefs' and nothing else.

The next summer I went to New York to work and had some New York friends who liked the Jets, so I said I followed the Jets, again, just saying I follow them and never watching games.

Then in 2012, my dad (a Seahawks fan) was telling me all about the season and this amazing rookie Russell Wilson, and I was like 'yeah yeah', then we watched the Skins game in the Wildcard together and I was hooked. I don't know what got me, the game itself, the team, or watching it with my game like I did for Villa? But that hooked me and I've been a proper fan since.

TL;DR @DCJonah if you feel a legit connection to the Texans, then keep it up. If you picked on a whim and you're forcing the support, then you can think about switching. No one will judge you for it.

I'm only joking above. Since picking them a few years back I have built a genuine connection. I've cheered wins like villa games. 

I know they're my team no matter what now. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm only joking above. Since picking them a few years back I have built a genuine connection. I've cheered wins like villa games. 

I know they're my team no matter what now. 

I cheer Jags wins like mad too. 

Every 7 years the neighbours call the police.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I picked the Chiefs

I mean, February 3, 2014 was a pretty sucky day. But thank **** you didn't stick with that lot or we would have words :D

I consider the Broncos to be a pretty successful franchise all in all. But I just noticed that we are tied second at the moment in the playoff drought table :( SB50 doesn't feel that far back. Things turn sharply in this league (sometimes)

image.png.ef740585e188440d60c6de9bf56ac95a.png

i got in to the NFL the year that LT broke the record so went with the chargers, i can understand if you were getting in to it right now for the first time you would gravitate towards watching mahomes every week, he's exciting in a way that brady never was IMO

none of my mates are properly in to it but there's a few casual fans, including a mate who was stuck at an airport in the states ended up watching a game and thought he'd support the better team from that game and ended up a packers fan and a lad who's dad was a big fan from the 80s so made him a bears fan, its a tale of good and bad luck!

On 06/01/2021 at 11:42, villa4europe said:

is he the best player not to do anything with his team? would say almost certainly the best WR, i mean you get the "best WR without a ring" thing but he's got no divisional titles and i think 3 playoff losses thats it...

barry sanders at least had 2 divisional wins

Defo.

I've only just remembered that Wes Welker never won a ring. 3 SBs, lost them all.

• Like 1

Â