Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Must admit the only women’s sport I usually enjoy is foxy mud wrestling , but those two were bloody impressive , be interesting to see if they go on and dominate the women’s game for a few years 

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

She’s just lost a major tournament final to a player ranked far below her going into the tournament. She congratulated Emma and her team. It’s a lot easier to big up an opponent that you’ve just beaten in a final than one you’ve lost to.

I thought both spoke well to be honest. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a losing finalist direct less praise towards the winner, in any sport. 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a losing finalist direct less praise towards the winner, in any sport. 

She's mostly gutted and not as 'polished' as Emma is. ER has clearly had a team around her for ages. 

If LF is still like that over the subsequent tournaments as she grows up then fair enough, but I'd be prepared to put this one just down to not thinking straight. The photos of the two of them holding their trophies, they look so damn young

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

It's pretty crass though isn't it :D

That's the word I was looking for. Just wouldn't come to mind but yes, that's exactly what they would think and a major difference between us Brits and our American cousins who would think it totally reasonable and normal. 

There is nowt queer as folk. 

• Like 2

Women’s tennis can sometimes be a very hard watch (not the Kenneth style). There is often a lot of screeching and shouting, which can overshadow the play. 
This was different, some excellent play by both and Emma’s quality shone through. Well done her!

• Like 1

Â