Pre match thread

roonst83

Wind has dropped significantly from yesterday, that called off the Man. City game last week. Last Sunday aswell the cross city line was totally knackered aswell, today it seems o.k so think if that wasn't running game would be off.

Brookvale road bit will be an issue though as I used to park round there and walk in and plenty else do round Halford and other car parks or roads closer to Witton station.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Looks like the game’s still on. The ground might be missing a few thousand fans due to the rail and road closures, let’s just hope our players are up for it. I’ll take a last minute winner, assisted by Storm Dennis. 

When did w3 sign him ? I missed that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you think the weather will help us? Burnley got a lucky win yesterday and Norwich were unlucky against Liverpool. 6 out of 7 top teams in championship failed to win. 

Does the weather help weaker teams?

Yes.....but a ****ing great determined attitude and a workaholic approach is even better.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Looks like the game’s still on. The ground might be missing a few thousand fans due to the rail and road closures, let’s just hope our players are up for it. I’ll take a last minute winner, assisted by Storm Dennis. 

I'd prefer an assist from Storm Daniels.

• Haha 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

And do what though? Im on the wagon so can’t even enjoy a pint. 

I don’t drink. Anymore.

In the first place it removes my utter panic that I might miss it.

I Park up, have a doze, or a buttie, listen to my ‘football mix’, look at the stats, watch highlights from previous games, get in the ground when it opens, watch the warm ups, it soon goes,(sadly).

• Like 1

We're going to run riot in the first half. Hopefully 4 or 5 goals up if we can hit the target. Anything less would be a disaster and unacceptable. Spurs will turn up as we come out for the second half and we really need to go for the kill. 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you think the weather will help us? Burnley got a lucky win yesterday and Norwich were unlucky against Liverpool. 6 out of 7 top teams in championship failed to win. 

Does the weather help weaker teams?

I hope not. Spurs can't have all the luck.

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I can never get my head around how late some of you leave for the Match.

If I thought I’d be at the ground less than 2 1/2 hours before the game my head would explode !

I’m going to leave early today due to the flood disruption, so will leave in about 40 minutes.