Pre match thread

roonst83

Dean Smith seems pretty relaxed about the upcoming games, after watching his presser on Villa TV. He said the players have all returned and are training at their best, and that he’s been learning about Mourinho from JT. We’re going to need to be at our best on Sunday as Spurs are still a decent side, even without Kane and Eriksen. 

Don’t know why but I’m not dreading this one. Villa to win 2-1, Samatta and Jack to score. Home advantage, if we get behind them throughout, can have a big impact. Cut out the silly mistakes and take our chances and we can win the points. Here’s hoping anyway! 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 13:08, Rob182 said:

We'll win this, and I'll tell you why..

I missed the Everton game because of a pre-planned arrangement by my wife. I had no knowledge of it, but apparently I'd agreed to babysit that night. I missed the best atmosphere and one of the best performances of the season.

Just this weekend I was telling my wife how much I was looking forward to Villa v Spurs. She then reminded me that me, her and our daughter are going to a flipping Peppa Pig concert that day!!!

What's the term all the cool kids from 2015 used? FML. That's the one.

So yeah, 2-1 win incoming, great atmosphere, and me in the centre of Birmingham shouting "Oh just f*ck off Daddy Pig! I could be at Villa Park right now!"

Condolences, I feel your pain but try to keep your hands off Daddy Pig.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Spurs don't stand a chance, most of their team will be admiring Jack the whole game and be distracted, the rest will be trying to figure out who Trez is and what the fook he's doing.

Go all in on Villa, everything you've got. 

Done, just put the lot on Villa. €2.47.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 03/02/2020 at 02:27, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just think he’s more of a leader than Grealish, in my opinion, the captain should always be a centre back, don’t you agree?

Yes, giving Jack Grealish the hump in the middle of a relegation battle is a really good idea. Let's do that. 

No doubt usher him towards a summer exit at the same time. 

You really have a problem with Jack, you need to get over it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, giving Jack Grealish the hump in the middle of a relegation battle is a really good idea. Let's do that. 

No doubt usher him towards a summer exit at the same time. 

You really have a problem with Jack, you need to get over it. 

I don’t have a problem with him at all, I just think he’s gone in the Summer regardless of what division we’re in. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a fabulous footballer but I think he has become overrated by managers (Pep), fans and media. We’re not a one man team, no one player is bigger than the club. When he leaves, we need to have a plan in place to how to replace him and do it properly

7 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I don't know why, but I'm wildy optimistic about this game. I think we will pick up a 2-1 win. Spurs right side can be got at by Targett and Grealish.

We have no variation to our play, all of our attacks come down our left with Targett and Grealish, stifle them then we’re done for. I know we’re missing big players like McGinn and Wesley but that should be no excuse, we need to find ways to adapt without them. I am surprised that Davis hasn’t played more than he has, whenever he’s come on, he has done well, I know he’s injured now 

• Like 2

On 10/02/2020 at 13:08, Rob182 said:

going to a flipping Peppa Pig concert that day!!!

peper pig is possibly a Frankfurt School subversion product. it promotes an attitude towards daddy is silly or makes out daddy is incompetant at most things, primarily from peppa the daughter. this i believe eats at the foundations between father and daughter. it is banned in china, I wonder why? I urge you to come to the match on sunday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 07/02/2020 at 17:40, villalad21 said:

Also there is no pressure in the cup. No points are at stake.

It's a very relevant point.

No chance, you lose a league game and you have another 37 to rectify it. Lose a cup semi and you're out. I'd say its the opposite, especially for a semi final

On 13/02/2020 at 08:24, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need to change the title to cup final 1 of xx.  It worked last year! 

Apparently there's less pressure and the game means less according to some