Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have we won at Everton since that Ashley Young goal?

No we haven't.

We've drew as much as we have lost there though.

I think it's 3 draws and 3 loses in the league since that Ash Young winner all those moons ago.

Edit: After looking it up we have lost 3 and drew 4 in the league and also lost 1 in the FA Cup.

Time we changed that record at Goodison on Thursday.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

What worries me is that we no longer have it in our own hands and both Watford and West Ham have solid managers who have been in this situation before, players that have been in this situation and have strikers in Deeney and Antonio who will score goals. We only have Jack, and he isn't carrying us at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What worries me is that we no longer have it in our own hands and both Watford and West Ham have solid managers who have been in this situation before, players that have been in this situation and have strikers in Deeney and Antonio who will score goals. We only have Jack, and he isn't carrying us at the moment.

Yes, it is not in our own destiny, however pressure makes people make mistakes.

To apply additional pressure to West Ham and Watford we must win at Everton. We do that and the pressure on both of them will be emense and then who knows?

A Failure to beat Everton will see our survival chances disappear.

10 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We haven’t had points at Old Trafford since then, this season we drew.

We haven’t won against Newcastle since 2010-11, and done it this season. 

We’re the first team to win all days of the week in a season.

We have been to the LC final for the first since a decade. 

We had an advantage of the hawk eye technology as the only time in 9000.

We had the worst draw against Liverpool, yet they had to play kids for us to qualify comfortably.

We’ve made our way up last season with 10 straight wins. Leeds to bottle it and Derby to come instead.

Why won’t we beat Everton or Arsenal for the first time since god knows how long?

I know I know, I still think it’s likely we’ll be down, but Everton is our playoff final. Let’s Wigan it, let’s Albion it. Let’s do it in a Villa style. 

The Great Escape!

I like your optimism! I was also thinking about that Dean Smith have given us so many extraordinary evenings since he took over, it feels like if it is some Villa team over the last decade that can spring a surprise and come up with a win, it's a Dean Smith team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Yes, it is not in our own destiny, however pressure makes people make mistakes.

To apply additional pressure to West Ham and Watford we must win at Everton. We do that and the pressure on both of them will be emense and then who knows?

A Failure to beat Everton will see our survival chances disappear.

A draw would keep a slim chance if Watford lose next day. But hoping for a win!

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I like your optimism! I was also thinking about that Dean Smith have given us so many extraordinary evenings since he took over, it feels like if it is some Villa team over the last decade that can spring a surprise and come up with a win, it's a Dean Smith team. 

That’s what I’ve been saying. As much mistakes he does, but we’ve seen much worse. I don’t think that changing for the sake of it would help the club. Hopefully we can pull a surprise.

I think we need West Ham to win.

Watford then have Man City and Arsenal left to play. So you'd probably bet on them finishing with whatever points they have after the west ham game.

A win for west ham will probably also mean they're safe, so more chance they'll be on the beach for our game on the last day.

I think the worst result for us is a Watford win. That puts them more or less safe and keeps West Ham motivated until the final day when they play us. Their penultimate game is Man Utd so you can't see them picking up points there meaning they'll need a result against us. 

• Like 1