Relegation thread

Knutserov13

12 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We got robbed at Arsenal. For their penalty Geundouzi was holding Trezeguet's shirt before falling over. For their 3rd goal they had a player closer than a metre to our wall. Then to top it off Sokratis caught the ball in the box so we should have won a penalty. I sincerely hope we smash them. 

Yes VAR still owes us. We got a point back against Sheffield United, but it also cost us a point at Palace. If we do go down by one or two points VAR will have played a part in it. 35 points has been enough for safety in the last 3 seasons. Another 8 points seems a long way off, but it wouldn't be 8 if VAR had not cost us points.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

Yes VAR still owes us. We got a point back against Sheffield United, but it also cost us a point at Palace. If we do go down by one or two points VAR will have played a part in it. 35 points has been enough for safety in the last 3 seasons. Another 8 points seems a long way off, but it wouldn't be 8 if VAR had not cost us points.    

?? The maths sums up to 0 points here. We got a point against Sheffield and lost a point at Palace.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

?? The maths sums up to 0 points here. We got a point against Sheffield and lost a point at Palace.

It did us for at least a point at Arsenal too, as Sulberto21 said above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Lost 3pts at Arsenal due to officiating. A poster mentions this one or two above

Edited by OxfordVillan

There is no way we are getting anything out of Arsenal by the way they are playing.

Don't fancy Smith coming up against Ancelotti so can only see a loss against Everton.

That means we'll have to beat Palace and West Ham which would take us to 33 pts

The 2 relegation spots still available is between us, Bournemouth and Watford I reckon.

I would bet a fiver its 2 of those 3 that are relegated, along with Norwich.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The 2 relegation spots still available is between us, Bournemouth and Watford I reckon.

Bournemouth's players look genuinely defeated as a group. I think they are down.

At least we ain't getting battered and still show some fight. Although maybe not the right time for me to say it hours until we play Liverpool.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

How do you do it.I wish I was as good at predicting games,I could make a fortune on the pools.

The football league want to introduce a £18m wage cap for clubs in the Championship next season. James Sharpe reports in The Mail today that the PL may potentially reduce parachute payments. What a season to be in relegation danger. Just our luck!😕

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8491111/Relegation-Championship-just-not-worth-thinking-Dean-Smith-Aston-Villa.html

Edited by John

5 minutes ago, John said:

The football league want to introduce a £18m wage cap for clubs in the Championship next season. James Sharpe reports in The Mail today that the PL may potentially reduce parachute payments. What a season to be in relegation danger. Just our luck!😕

Good. Hopefully stop is spending dozens of millions on Championship players. You dont  need to spend to get out the champo

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good. Hopefully stop is spending dozens of millions on Championship players. You dont  need to spend to get out the champo

We would need to be able to replace those players that leave. A wage cap would impact on our ability to get decent replacements and on how many of our new signings made over the past 12 months, we would be able to pay within that wage cap.

Edited by John

Surely the FA would make a rule,something like parachute payments concerning teams that are relegated and their wages to PL players.Like they can still get PL wages for 2/3 seasons or something like that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John said:

Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8491111/Relegation-Championship-just-not-worth-thinking-Dean-Smith-Aston-Villa.html

Read the whole article. - not just the headline.

57 minutes ago, John said:

I can see the wage cap being something that could be implemented and help out a lot of clubs, whether it would get in for next season I doubt. Especially as next season is what only a matter of weeks away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There is no way we are getting anything out of Arsenal by the way they are playing.

Don't fancy Smith coming up against Ancelotti so can only see a loss against Everton.

That means we'll have to beat Palace and West Ham which would take us to 33 pts

Wasn't Arteta going to be a big failure about 2 weeks ago?? How do you not get embarrassed?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Wasn't Arteta going to be a big failure about 2 weeks ago?? How do you not get embarrassed?

Was also going to get schooled by Nuno as well

10 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Arteta has tactically changed and turned things around.

He can still end up being a failure, but Arsenal look good at the moment.