Relegation thread

Knutserov13

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Something to give us a bit of hope - if Bourneouth lose 3-0 tomorrow and West Ham lose 5-0  in the week then we would come out of the relegation zone on goals scored, if they lose by bigger margins then we come out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

at some stage west ham and/or bournemouth are going to make us pay for our missed opportunities

• Like 1

What’s the best scenario realistically?

Hope everyone around us continues being as shit as us and beat an on the beach Palace and Everton to set up a decider with West Ham?

I’d be just as nervous as the playoff final.

If West Ham get beat by more than 5 and Bournemouth by more than 3 we move above them both get and out of the relegation zone on goal difference without playing :lol: 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I might not even watch the Liverpool and Man Utd games. (Although i probably will...) What's the point?

So obvious what is gonna happen.

I thoroughly recommend it. I had completely forgotten we had a game today, and all I know of it was that my phone told me we had lost. Giving up on the season and determining not to watch any of the games has definitely reduced my normal rage at our results, though I guess it has been replaced by a sort of existential sadness. Still better though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd give it to Pochettino and say if you can keep us up you can keep the job.

I'd take losing every game of the season if it meant getting Poch.

Short term pain for long term gain.

5 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Glass half full...watching united against Norwich. They are beatable.

Im dreading the Watford game against Saints tomorrow - but then again. I was dreading their game vs Burnley too.

Pogba, Martial and Rashford ain't playing.

Night and day difference mate.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

If West Ham get beat by more than 5 and Bournemouth by more than 3 we move above them both get and out of the relegation zone on goal difference without playing :lol: 

And then lose the rest of their games (apart from villa where we draw 0-0). PL safety secured. 

Edited by Spoony

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thoroughly recommend it. I had completely forgotten we had a game today, and all I know of it was that my phone told me we had lost. Giving up on the season and determining not to watch any of the games has definitely reduced my normal rage at our results, though I guess it has been replaced by a sort of existential sadness. Still better though.

I'm watched every other game at the current rate. If I have anything else to do, literally anything then I give the game a pass. Seen 2 and missed 2.

Watched today as I needed to get out of the sun for a bit but found myself once again not being able to care or get invested. Yeah I absolutely want us to stay up. But this season is a joke. A charade of football.

• Like 1

If (sorry) When we go down, I'd concentrate on trying to keep McGinn and Luiz, then plan to build long term around them. 

Try and get as close to £100m for Grealish and Mings, then buy quality who know the league.  Seen Buendia and Benrahma mentioned, both very ambitious suggestions, but those two and Eze from QPR would be my 3 dreaming signings.  I know bigger / better placed teams might be in for them, so we might need to get things done early doors or else wait until we know what crumbs are left on the table... however, the losses sustained by mid-table (and lower) PL teams due to COVID may mean less poaching from the Championship this summer, so who knows.

10 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'd concentrate on trying to keep McGinn and Luiz

McGinn maybe. Luiz not a chance.

Luiz recently got called up to the Brazilian squad. No way is he wasting a season in the Championship

Edited by villalad21

42 minutes ago, penguin said:

What’s the best scenario realistically?

Hope everyone around us continues being as shit as us and beat an on the beach Palace and Everton to set up a decider with West Ham?

I’d be just as nervous as the playoff final.

Best case scenario?

Leeds / WBA /Fulham promoted

Norwich/villa/Bournemouth relegation.

There would be very little in the championship next season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If (sorry) When we go down, I'd concentrate on trying to keep McGinn and Luiz, then plan to build long term around them. 

Try and get as close to £100m for Grealish and Mings, then buy quality who know the league.  Seen Buendia and Benrahma mentioned, both very ambitious suggestions, but those two and Eze from QPR would be my 3 dreaming signings.  I know bigger / better placed teams might be in for them, so we might need to get things done early doors or else wait until we know what crumbs are left on the table... however, the losses sustained by mid-table (and lower) PL teams due to COVID may mean less poaching from the Championship this summer, so who knows.

I really would put 80% of the focus in getting a top notch manager.  The players will then follow. 

Having a good squad coached by Joe Average hasn't worked.

38 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Glass half full...watching united against Norwich. They are beatable.

Im dreading the Watford game against Saints tomorrow - but then again. I was dreading their game vs Burnley too.

Like with other games, my fear isn't so much that the other teams will be too good, but that we simply aren't up for it.

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

Best case scenario?

Leeds / WBA /Fulham promoted

Norwich/villa/Bournemouth relegation.

There would be very little in the championship next season.

There is Zero best case scenario where we get relegated.

Although, according to @DCJonah 17th is our League title, so we are currently 3rd in the League.👀

Not too shabby.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Think I’d rather Watford than Bournemouth go down due to players they’d lose, but not a lot in it.

I have to say though I’d take a stronger Championship if it meant West Ham went down, that would be glorious.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is Zero best case scenario where we get relegated.

Although, according to @DCJonah 17th is our League title, so we are currently 3rd in the League.👀

Not too shabby.

Its OK. Stamp your feet because you demand more if it makes you feel better. 

17th would be a good achievement.