Relegation thread

Knutserov13

I’m not sure what they would do with relegation or promotion but I’m fairly sure they won’t be allowed to relegate teams without all the fixtures being played. Can you imagine the lawsuits? 

We’re heading into unchartered waters, that’s for sure.

Not entirely unrealistic that they will relegate no one and promote the top 2 (or 3) and play the league with more teams next season with more teams getting relegated that season.

Far from ideal and not the most likely scenario but could happen.

Will be a mess regardless what they do.

This really could be a huge mess. I don't see how you can relegate teams without all games being played, and similarly punishing teams for being top by not winning a league or being promoted doesn't make sense. Whatever they do, someone will miss out.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Not entirely unrealistic that they will relegate no one and promote the top 2 (or 3) and play the league with more teams next season with more teams getting relegated that season.

Far from ideal and not the most likely scenario but could happen.

Will be a mess regardless what they do.

The top clubs don't want to play the shit clubs as it is. No way they'd allow it.

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The league games will be played, the season will finish as normal. All behind closed doors in empty stadiums. 

All it takes is 1 player getting the virus and all games will be cancelled. This has probably already happened considering the Arsenal Olympiacos meeting.

Arsenal have their players on a 14 day isolation apparently, can't see them playing games anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, sne said:

All it takes is 1 player getting the virus and all games will be cancelled. This has probably already happened considering the Arsenal Olympiacos meeting.

Arsenal have their players on a 14 day isolation apparently, can't see them playing games anytime soon.

Exactly. Rugani has been confirmed as having for juve, so perhaps we can see what happens over there and see if we follow suit. Football is second in circumstances like these.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Exactly. Rugani has been confirmed as having for juve, so perhaps we can see what happens over there and see if we follow suit. Football is second in circumstances like these.

Timo Hûbers for Hannover 96 in 2nd Bundesliga also has it.

1 hour ago, sne said:

No its 7 days apparently and thats up in Friday.  They play Brighton away on Saturday and the FA expect them to play without any training or having reviewed tactics.  Already a joke if you ask me.

• Like 1

I can see the season being finished. Like a few have said, no relegations or promotions, just huge compensation for the two teams sitting in automatic promotion places based on likelihood of going up in each division. Liverpool crowned champions.

Also, I think people are burying their heads in the sand, or as Nigel Pearson would say "are you an Ostrich?" if they think the league can just be suspended for a few weeks, or a month.... This could quite easily be going on into the summer months, so what happens then? Fixtures can't be played until May or June, then every one has about 10 games to catch up, etc. I really don't think it's plausible. The only plausible outcomes are carrying on behind closed doors or just binning off the season altogether.

44 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Cancel the season, no promotions or relegations. Liverpool are denied the title as season not completed. I would wet myself with joy... obviously compensation would be paid to those missing out. Better than Gerrard falling over

I could live with that decision. Let's start the season again at match day 1 in August. 😄

Cancelling the league is the only thing that can save us.

Yes it sucks for the potential promoted teams and is lucky for the relegation doomed teams (ie, us) but loads of people are going to die so they can't have too many complaints. It's no-ones fault.