Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Sorry for the negative title in this thread, but which players would/could stay?

If we go down, Jack will leave. Probably Mings. Maybe Luiz. Maybe Mcginn, I guess that'll depends on how he is after the injury.

I think Samatta, Nakamba, Guilbert, Konsa etc will stay if theres no relegationclause in their contracts.

Wesley and Heaton probably wont be fit when the season starts so they will stay.

Discuss!

Gk - steer,nyland

Rb - elmo, Guilbert

Lb - Target, taylor

CB - Engels, hause & Konza

Mf - hourihane, nakamba

Wingers - trezeguet, el ghazi, Jota 

Forwards - Wes, Samatta, Davis

I think that's a really strong championship core and with huge sales and parachute payments we will be able to sign some top championship players and good loans. 

I am pretty confident we piss the championship next year. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Semi tongue in cheek thread......before everyone "loses their minds"....

Sold : Grealish - £60-100m, Mings - £20-40m, McGinn - £25-40m, Luiz - 10-20m, Kalinic - £1m or free          (total income - £150m ish - rough estimate - understated to be safe)

Im assuming the sold players would ask to leave - i would keep them ofc if they would stay to help us get back up (not inc. Kalinic)

Released/End of Loan : Reina, Baston, Lansbury, Drinkwater

Remaining Team (first 11):

Heaton

Guilbert - Konsa - Engels - Targett

NEW - Nakamba - NEW

NEW - Samatta - NEW

Squad: Steer, Nyland Sarkic, Taylor, Elmo, Jota, Trez, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Wesley, Davis.

We would prob have £100m to re-invest in new players, if the owners desperately wanted to try and get back up at the first go??? (money reinvested from assumed sales - minus £50m to cover cost of relegation/parachute shortages)

I actually think thats a decent core of a team, if we actually spent the money we had wisely to fill the gaps, we would 100% need to buy the right players though.......

Edited by MaVilla

I could see Mcgin staying. If we sell Grealish (£90 mill), Mings (£40 mill), Luis (£15 mill) - that's a £170mill spend we could theoretically make with allowable losses, in the championship. Not that we'd need to spend that much, but it's a pretty unassailable advantage over other championship teams - plus a squad who know each other. Definitely gutting if we go down, but one heck of a better position thanks to last year's promotion. 

Just now, joshharris12 said:

Negative **** no need for thread

Not true, it's useful for perspective, so we can all stop feeling so bad about watching Villa. The rest of this season is going to be horrible for the nerves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Not true, it's useful for perspective, so we can all stop feeling so bad about watching Villa. The rest of this season is going to be horrible for the nerves. 

Actually i agree.

Just seeing what players we might keep, and the money we could have from any possible sales to reinvest, has actually made me less worried overall.

A bit like therapy... :)

• Like 1

Criticism of defeats and players and manager if called for is one thing, but don't think these kind of threads are helpful at all, just spreads unnecessary negativity that can affect the fanbase and in turn spread to the players.

Edited by useless
Thread had a different title when I wrote this.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Actually i agree.

Just seeing what players we might keep, and the money we could have from any possible sales to reinvest, has actually made me less worried overall.

A bit like therapy... :)

You confident in the club's ability to reinvest? I'm not. I don't think we'll be able to replace the quality of Mcginn, Mings and Grealish tbh. Its not just a matter of money, we've got to be able to convince players of that quality to come to us in the Championship too. And on wages that don't **** uus over with FFP next season too in case we don't get promoted.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

NSWE will spend the money. Granted we can't replace Grealish, but everyone else we certainly can. 

I know they'll spend the money but it takes more than just splashing money to get out of the Championship.

How are we going to get a Mings or Mcginn level player to come to us in the Chammpionship? We won't, at least not one who is already on that level. We're gonna have to unearth gems, like what we did with Mings and Mcginn in the first place. Money certainly helps with that, but it by no means makes it a certainty that we will be able to replace them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp