Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not talking about the fee....talking about what to expect.

is this where we are at?..... i hope he does well, but, i won't hold my breath.

Well one thing that differentiates the two is that Bastion has has a top flight season in LaLiga where he scored 1 in 2. Libor never had anything like those numbers in his career.

Just now, LondonLax said:

Well one thing that differentiates the two is that Bastion has has a top flight season in LaLiga where he scored 1 in 2. Libor never had anything like those numbers in his career.

Then we will see....I suspect Swansea has missed a trick, is that what you are saying?

I am worried he doesnt fit our recruitment philosophy. We have emphasized character , youth and talent this past year. This guy has been sent out on loan by his parent clubs for most of his senior career. Why?

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, TRO said:

Then we will see....I suspect Swansea has missed a trick, is that what you are saying?

Swansea paid big money for him based on his record in Spain (I believe he is still their club record signing?) but for whatever reason the move didn’t work out for him. 

He comes to us on a free and in his prime years, if we can get anything close to the form he was showing when he went to Swansea he will be a great value pick up on a free transfer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Swansea paid big money for him based on his record in Spain (I believe he is still their club record signing?) but for whatever reason the move didn’t work out for him. 

He comes to us on a free and in his prime years, if we can get anything close to the form he was showing when he went to Swansea he will be a great value pick up on a free transfer.

I hope it works out then.

I guess we all hope the club, know more than us.....fingers crossed.

Edited by TRO

The way I see it is that Samatta will be first choice and then we have 2 options off the bench. Davies is great for those games were we are leading but need an outlet to hold the ball up, I know it sounds a bit daft but he's kind of a "defensive striker". Baston might be the player we bring on if we need a goal as he's probably more of a natural finisher and poacher than Davies (who struggles with that aspect a bit)

If its a free, I don't have too much of a problem as we can probably sell him to a la liga team for a couple of million if it doesnt work out 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Imagine that against Man City on the league cup... 

The last League cup final we were in one of our much maligned strikers scored an absolute thunderbolt. 

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am worried he doesnt fit our recruitment philosophy. We have emphasized character , youth and talent this past year. This guy has been sent out on loan by his parent clubs for most of his senior career. Why?

May be his face didn't fit, he may not have settled, etc etc. Being farmed out on loan (especially back to the home country) isn't necessarily a sign of a bad egg.

• Like 2

It’s the sort of deal that means we hold all the cards at least. 

Could be a bit of a ‘moneyball’ signing if he can find the form he showed to earn the big money move to Swansea in the first place. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Â