Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

16 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

There really are some weapons grade morons on Facebook moaning about this signing!

Exactly...the various Villa groups on Facebook are populated by complete to***rs who abuse anyone who does not share their warped views ( thank heaven for moderators 😀😳). Given their self evident lack of knowledge he will probably be a star of us.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

I'm alright with this as a risk free signing. Best case scenario we never see him play because it means that samatta and Davis are playing great and avoiding injury/ fatigue

Plus it means if (when) we stay up then next summer we will have even more money to spend on an awesome striker rather that being lumbered with a mid value so-so striker

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

There really are some weapons grade morons on Facebook moaning about this signing!

Best to just avoid those places. I used to use them for shite streams before I got myself sorted and some of the crap being spouted was beyond belief. I thought they were trolls at first but then realised they were just absolute dense cretins. Save yourself the getting wound up and skip straight past. That's my approach to Facebook in general these days. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly...the various Villa groups on Facebook are populated by complete to***rs who abuse anyone who does not share their warped views ( thank heaven for moderators 😀😳). Given their self evident lack of knowledge he will probably be a star of us.

I’m half tempted to create my first ever Facebook account just to troll the idiots on there. Would be fun. But then I remember I have a busy life and there’s enough idiots outside in the real world to contend with. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

What's the goals to minutes ratio. That's far more important. 

True

Whats with the lack of mins though?

Looks like he can finish according to YouTube but I’m always sceptical of YouTube highlights 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

There’s some good goals in there... 

A good range of finishes too, I liked the one around 2.18 against Betis. Thunderstruck into the top corner. Had a lot of space to line it up which he might not get in the Prem, but encouraging all the same.  

• Like 1

Just text a Swansea supporting mate and he said that;

”he’s an excellent finisher, good header of the ball, good with his feet too though. Went off the boil for Swansea and got loaned out, seemed out of favour and never really got back in to it. Had a good record abroad and was a club record fee when we (Swansea) signed him”

Hopefully we can get the best out of him again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

A good range of finishes too, I liked the one around 2.18 against Betis. Thunderstruck into the top corner. Had a lot of space to line it up which he might not get in the Prem, but encouraging all the same.  

Imagine that against Man City on the league cup... sorry, I’m day dreaming. I just love it when we sign strikers! 😂 

• Like 1

He only played 506 minutes in the premier league for Swansea, which is about six games worth of football. That might explain why he only scored one goal for them that season, but then I guess it also makes you wonder why he played so little given how much they paid for him, but they did have Abraham that season as well.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Imagine that against Man City on the league cup... sorry, I’m day dreaming. I just love it when we sign strikers! 😂 

To quote the kids, it’d be absolute limbs! 

Maybe if the City players read this forum they’ll think he’s useless and give him all the space he needs to do it. 

• Haha 1

Â