Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We love a January deadline day desperation signing from Swansea. Fine, better than nobody, will have my backing until given enough reasons not to.

Worked out well last season in spite of Carroll so maybe superstitious 

• Like 1

He's more prolific than Davis, and has performed at an higher level than Samatta, not saying he's better than those two I think Samatta is going to prove to be a great signing and Davis could develop into one of our better players if he can stay fit, but he's certainly better than the negative reaction he's been getting.

• Like 1

Our last two signings from Swansea were Carroll and Taylor? Maybe this could be thrid time lucky! 

This doesn't fill me with any optimism whatsoever but, he's tall! We have yet to score a headed goal this season so maybe that's the thinking behind it? 

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

You can't make this shit up can you!?!?

"What does the club mean no other strikers....ffs we are doomed!!"

AVFC poised to sign Baston!

" Nah....shows desperation!! Don't want him!"

Ffs....4 hrs in the life of a Villa fan! 😒😒

To be fair though, fans want a striker for sure but, I'm sure they're thinking someone who will play and look like scoring? Not saying Baston won't but his career stats don't really give much hope. 

6 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

You can't make this shit up can you!?!?

"What does the club mean no other strikers....ffs we are doomed!!"

AVFC poised to sign Baston!

" Nah....shows desperation!! Don't want him!"

Ffs....4 hrs in the life of a Villa fan! 😒😒

Very simplistic.

Well if he’s free then it’s a no brainer. Even if it keeps the other options on their toes it’s worth it. 

He scores once every 211 minutes. That’s 5 goals between now and the end of the league season. 

I’d much rather him score those 5 in the next two games and he can eat kebabs all day as far as I’m concerned. 

Think we can all accept it’s a pretty uninspired signing, but it’s way better than putting a winger up top or looking in the Under 23’s for someone. Let’s see how he does before knocking him. At least it’s not Carroll returning! 

51 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He scored 5 in 6 games so he did have good start as was said

The  pretty much zero in 21 suggests this is a bad idea all round 😂

Edited by KHV

Â