Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is still one of the weirdest signings. I’m just hoping that he’s a sweetener for some super agent and other players, like Mendes did at the start for Wolves.

We didn’t really know or could predict how this season would pan out. Davies wasn’t fit in January, we basically had Samatta, and he was new, if anything happened to him we’d be demanding to know why he didn’t get someone else. He’s a bum on a seat.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is the type of random striker who accidentally hits form in a relegation battle and keeps the club up. Like Allback did a few years back or Stead for Blackburn

Dosen't really seem DS has much faith in him now. Last two games we've needed a goal and he's remained unused. See what happens tonight but you'd bet Davis and probably Jota after his cameo v Chelsea will come on before him if we're desperate for a goal.

• Like 1

On the released list published today, don't know if that means he's been released with with immediate affect or just means we won't be keeping him on after the season has finished. Also McCormack has been released, I had no idea he was stll contracted to us, that should save a bit of money.

21 hours ago, useless said:

On the released list published today, don't know if that means he's been released with with immediate affect or just means we won't be keeping him on after the season has finished. Also McCormack has been released, I had no idea he was stll contracted to us, that should save a bit of money.

Striker, leader, Villa legend. What were your favourite Borja Baston moments?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could be wrong but I think technically he's still available or selection until the end of the season, the list is just an indiction of the players that we're making available for free transfer once the season is over. So he still might make some happy memories for Villa fans yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Borja has gone, contract not renewed. 
Birmingham Mail link.

Aston Villa have extended the loans of Pepe Reina and Danny Drinkwater for the remainder of the Premier League season. 

The Telegraph is reporting the Claret and Blues have agreed terms with AC Milan and Chelsea that will see the goalkeeper and midfielder stay at the club for the final six games. 

However, Borja Baston, who joined from Swansea on a short-term deal in January, has left the club.

On 26/06/2020 at 16:49, Spoony said:

Striker, leader, Villa legend. What were your favourite Borja Baston moments?

The way he handled the pen whilst signing the short term contract, I realised then that we had something very very special, albeit like the brightest stars he only shone for a very, very short time. I think we should start a petition to get the North stand renamed In his honour when redeveloped

• Like 1

Â