Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not giving up on big wes but as far as I understand it is very unlikely he will be back for this quarter of a season in a bubble that will start this month. So for this 10 game run we look light up front again.

Samatta and Davis will have to see us through then, no pressure lads! We could recall Hepburn-Murphy, I live in hope!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Indiana Vassilev and Louie Barry (dare I mention his name again).

Vassilev is a good prospect, I’ve seen quite a bit of him for our u18s and u23s. I haven’t seen Louie Barry, have you seen either of them play for us at any level Zhan_Zhuang?

• Like 1

I've only seen the fleeting appearances from Indiana Vassilev in the PL, he has lots of energy and it's what we might need if we are cramming in all our fixtures into a month.

If we are extending the amount of substitutes I would throw in a wild-card like Vassilev or/and Barry.

My opinion is the current first-teamers haven't exactly done much to help us at all this season and when called upon they show nothing so my idea is give someone else a chance. What harm can it do, we are already a very poor team!

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Samatta and Davis will have to see us through then, no pressure lads! We could recall Hepburn-Murphy, I live in hope!

There is no coming back for him. The club have pretty much released him by sending him to Derby U23s.

I saw this thread on the first page and was trying to think who this was, for some reason I was thinking of a goalkeeper. 

Either my memory is going or we are signing some real obscure players lately.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There is no coming back for him. The club have pretty much released him by sending him to Derby U23s.

Are you a club insider? How do you know that? I’ve only just seen this post

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you a club insider? How do you know that? I’ve only just seen this post

Just seems obvious to me. They haven't even loaned him to a club to develop him or get him game time. Just seems we have washed our hands of him.

Shame. I thought he had a chance. Got skill and knows where the back of the net is but cannot translate it to mens football yet and is made of custard creams.

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I saw this thread on the first page and was trying to think who this was, for some reason I was thinking of a goalkeeper. 

Either my memory is going or we are signing some real obscure players lately.

according to wikipedia his Dad was a goalie

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just seems obvious to me. They haven't even loaned him to a club to develop him or get him game time. Just seems we have washed our hands of him.

Shame. I thought he had a chance. Got skill and knows where the back of the net is but cannot translate it to mens football yet and is made of custard creams.

Injuries have held him back, he has a lot of natural ability. He hasn’t even started a league match for us. He’s been in and around our first team for 5 years now, I don’t think he should be written off

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, useless said:

I could be wrong but I don't think he's actually on loan, I think that we signed him on a free transfer.

we took over the last 6 months of his contract from Swansea, so effectively a free transfer with only 6 months left on the contract.

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's just filling a shirt. We needed a striker, and had no money. And that's it.

Dan Bardell talked it about it on the villa view that we were let down last minute on another deal so had to plump for Borja Baston.

I do wonder now who that other player was.

• Like 1

Â