Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He had a great start to the season and looked to have gotten his mojo back. Haven't seen him playing for them in a while though.

5 in 27 suggests otherwise......

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Any good?

I'd say 'not really'.

He looked a good player 5-6 years ago. In particular scored quite a lot of goals for Eibar (in La Liga) in loan spell. He was pretty prolific at Segunda level (pretty shocking standard) where he scored a lot for Zaragoza. His performance at Eibar earned him a fairly big money move to Swansea and since 2016 he has scored just over 10 league goals, including two loan spells at La Liga clubs. 

His stats aren't even that bad, I remember in the summer people laughing at Sheffield United for signing Mousett because of his stats, and it was me who pointed out that his goals to minutes ratio was actually pretty decent, and the same is true for Baston, something like 90 goals in what amounts to about 190 games in terms of minutes on the pitch. You could say that he's performed at a much higher level than any of our current strikers having had good seasons in La Liga, although I think Samatta will do well for us in the Prem.

• Like 1

We have one senior striker window closes in 5 hours. He has top flight experience and it seems like a goer. I will be ecstatic if we got him.

I would be ecstatic if we signed anyone.

We are not and never were going to drop 30m on a Mitro or a Piatek. That would have been irresponsible.

• Like 4

Lots of people have said it already, but if he's cheap (even better if he's on a free transfer as suggested) then I think bringing him in is a good move. We need squad depth and he doesn't have to set the world on fire.

I would have liked a bigger name but the club have made some good signings recently, so I'll trust their choice. Welcome Borja!

• Like 2

Â