Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Their press has worked well against us tbh - we're playing a LOT of long balls, and it isn't working.

Bournemouth is good at defending high & long ball, why are we playing to their strength ?  On occasion we play on the ground we managed to create opening or get them to foul & get free kick. Hope Smith rectify this in second half 

3 minutes ago, RobSpain said:

Keeper isn’t the problem, we are second to every ball and can’t beat the first defender. We’re just shite

We have games, where we are second to every ball....its not a one off....its a feature of our inconsistency.

as a team we are far too open in general.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Let's be honest. We've overachieved all season and have stolen points and wins. We've dominated NO-ONE. Bournemouth have outplayed us for 45 minutes. We're probably slightly fortunate it's only two.

Can't rely on continual last minute goals to cover the fact we're normally awful for the first 92minutes.

Hause awful. Luiz awful. El Ghazi awful. Samatta done nothing. Mings too relaxed. Konsa too inexperienced. Nakamba naïve. Targett, Guilbert are hit and miss. Grealish can be brilliant but sometimes, rightly, feels he has to take on too much. Keeper is largely irrelevant.

We really aren't good enough for this league. Anyone who watches us play knows that. 

People talk of 'doing a Blues' and winning the cup and being relegated. I think we all know what is more likely - getting destroyed in the cup AND being comfortably relegated. Norwich are the only team we're better than.

Don’t agree with this at all.  Early in the season we were robbed of points....Crystal Palace valid goal, Arsenal potentially etc etc.  

At our level ie bottom half of the table you rarely if ever dominate anybody.

We are having a back game but your assessment of players is OTT

we are good enough for this league.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Terrible yet again today, we need some physicality in the middle, he hides away or does cowards challenges pretty much all the time. 

Good job we've got Hourihane and Lansbury on the bench then - they'll bring us that...erm...

Oh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Normally I can see positives and believe we can recover, but we look so uninterested today I can't believe it's on the cards. They look mostly keen to get back on the bus tbh. 

Considering the amount of games left and our position in the league, it’s quite frankly disgraceful. 

Must increase the intensity next half. We've had our chances too so it's not inconcievable that we could get some result. But if we repeat the first half it's game over. Let's see some fight now Villa!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Nakamba not played anywhere near the semi final levels where he was immense. If he picks it up things will look a bit different I'm sure. All is not lost.

That’s my massive concern with this team, because most are ‘potential’ signings they are going to have great games and terrible games until experience smooths that put.  We needed some experience in the team.