Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Let's be honest. We've overachieved all season and have stolen points and wins. We've dominated NO-ONE. Bournemouth have outplayed us for 45 minutes. We're probably slightly fortunate it's only two.

Can't rely on continual last minute goals to cover the fact we're normally awful for the first 92minutes.

Hause awful. Luiz awful. El Ghazi awful. Samatta done nothing. Mings too relaxed. Konsa too inexperienced. Nakamba naïve. Targett, Guilbert are hit and miss. Grealish can be brilliant but sometimes, rightly, feels he has to take on too much. Keeper is largely irrelevant.

We really aren't good enough for this league. Anyone who watches us play knows that. 

People talk of 'doing a Blues' and winning the cup and being relegated. I think we all know what is more likely - getting destroyed in the cup AND being comfortably relegated. Norwich are the only team we're better than.

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

We're so poor I'm not even sure I can be arsed to watch the second half. That's saying something. About as entertaining to watch this club as cricket

We did have a good spell and flurry of chances which we pissed away, and here we are.

Bournemouth are throwing everything at this as it's a monumental game for them. ( As it is for us too obviously) The problem is, as I've said before, we can't match alot of teams for pure strength in midfield, we are too small ffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Bugzy1991 said:

Also Mings with his standard mistake nearly gifting them a golden opportunity. For a national team defender he sure does have a lot of mistakes in him

We're suffering a generation of shite CBs nationally. If Mings is good enough for England, the NT is in trouble.

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Fed up with the 'We're shit' "Smith out' crap that half could have gone either way!!

After twenty minutes we had 28% possession. 

We've had two or three flurries where we've created half chances - that's it - other than those there to four minutes they've dominated the game.

Most of the possession we've had has been with our back three or with Reina - our inability to play the ball in the middle of the park means we can't get a foothold in the game - other than Grealish, our only activity in midfield is coming from Guilbert.

• Like 2

Just now, holteend1982 said:

I cant belive in a game this big we've turned up and played the way we have. 

We are simply inconsistent......thats why we are where we are and unable to pull away.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Maybe should have stuck with Nyland in hindsight

Keeper isn’t the problem, we are second to every ball and can’t beat the first defender. We’re just shite

We just can't deal with teams that press well at all. They have targeted Hause so much. As soon as the ball goes to him they are on him. Midfield non-existent.

BUT as long as Jack is on the pitch we can get something. Samatta looks like the kind of player who can make a difference as well.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Deep breath!

Worst thing about this result, if it stays like this, is the utter drivel that will be posted on VT until the next game.

Yeah that’s definitely worse than us dropping into the relegation zone and gifting a rival 3 points. Definitely.

Just now, Tom13 said:

You're obsessed with Douglas

At how bad he plays at least 60% of the time. Terrible yet again today, we need some physicality in the middle, he hides away or does cowards challenges pretty much all the time. We dont need the 1 good game in 6 players we need the 4 good games in 6 players. I'm sure he will improve however not at the cost of aston villa, it's not the luiz show.

Bloody hate Billing, how he never got sent off in the first game I'll never know and he pops up now to score as well.  I don't think we deserve to be 2-0 down really but the second has probably killed us.  I'm surprised we went with Luiz over Drinkwater, especially away from home.  Samatta had some decent touches.

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

We should of scored, then gave up two crap goals. We played some nice stuff at times, samagoal looks decent. Need to get a goal back and get them rattled 

sanogoal at this rate.

Early early days for Samatta but he is well off the pace so far - Davis would seem a better bet against a physical side like Bournemouth

Impossible to know the why and wherefores of the transfer window but we were badly crying out for an additional creative player to help Jack - think lack of  this could be our downfall. 

Next goal crucial but looks a massive uphill struggle now

• Like 1