• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Engels (Konza 45)
    • Davis (El Ghazi 58)
    • Trézéguet (Nakamba 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/20 at 23:59

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s been games this season where we’ve wanted it more. Normally at home with the crowd behind the players. For example Everton and Newcastle. Doesn’t make us better than those teams. It’s just how it is sometimes. 

For sure....thats why we are inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the comments have been general as opposed to specific.

I didn't see todays game, but was impressed with some of his game against leicester.

but i still say he has to score, to win over all the fan base.

Couldn’t agree more, he clearly has a variety of skills and attributes but must convert chances into goals. Perhaps once he gets one the floodgates will open ? Could do with it happening soon though.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the comments have been general as opposed to specific.

I didn't see todays game, but was impressed with some of his game against leicester.

but i still say he has to score, to win over all the fan base.

If the critical comments about Davis... in the post-match thread... after an excellent performance... are "general" rather than "specific"... It may as well be the "Vent your pre-conceived ideas thread".

Second to most balls .... again. 

Konsa failed to defend his space .... again. 

Lack of any evidence that we are coached tactically .... again.

Failed to beat ten men .... again.

Bournemouth are a poor team with very little confidence, but we failed to match their effort and desire .... again.

Manager, coaches and players have to share the responsibility and show some balls!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

If we're working on pressing and movement I'm not seeing it. Abyssmal performance that. We are in trouble. Good thing that the results around us were at least favorable and probably quite deflating to them.

Haha.....I'm not seeing it either.....I'm not sure what we are working on, talking generally, not just today.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kingman said:

FFS STOP **** GIVING THE BALL TO JACK AND CREATE YOUR OWN **** VISION AND OPPORTUNITIES YOU USLESS BUNCH OF BOTTLE JOB rocket polishers 

SHOW SOME **** PRIDE AND DETERMINATION FOR THE BADGE OR **** OFF YOU USELESS words removed!!! 

We need him on the ball as much as possible. He's literally our most creative player. He makes the chances and he scores a few too! 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Second to most balls .... again. 

Konsa failed to defend his space .... again. 

Lack of any evidence that we are coached tactically .... again.

Failed to beat ten men .... again.

Bournemouth are a poor team with very little confidence, but we failed to match their effort and desire .... again.

Manager, coaches and players have to share the responsibility and show some balls!

I am not sure how we can survive, with that first line....it happens in too many games, by too many of our players.

5 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

If the critical comments about Davis... in the post-match thread... after an excellent performance... are "general" rather than "specific"... It may as well be the "Vent your pre-conceived ideas thread".

I think its a fair concern, to say he struggles to score, when he does play.

Injuries have definately, curtailed his progress.

Personally, i like him and am hoping he stays injury free, in order to complete his development by playing games......but we are in a precarious position and we need all cylinders firing.

I really don’t understand why we didn’t press during the game at all. 

playing away we should have closed the short pass more frequently and made them go long. 

we didn’t move the ball quick enough to get behind them when they were a man down. 

really poor display for 80 minutes apart from a period where we threatened. 

10 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

We need him on the ball as much as possible. He's literally our most creative player. He makes the chances and he scores a few too! 

We are a one man team, Lets stop making it so **** obvious FFS, 

Hows abouts some of the other dead wood start **** stepping up for a change and start taking **** ownership of the their own bull shite problems!

Edited by Kingman

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

The strange thing is all the perpheral stats were in our favour....it seems like the reverse of tuesday nights game....where they had the stats and we had the goals.

True. Corners were like 1-7 in our favour. I’ve seen people say we deserved to lose, and maybe we did, but it’s not as if we were ever out of the game. We weren’t. It’s just that over and over again, we wasted good opportunities to create something through sheer lack of application. We gifted them possession and decent breaks. We’re capable of so much better. I’ve seen so much more pure effort from this team. I always feel it’s simplistic to blame a lack of effort, as I genuinely don’t think professional footballers want to play badly. They wanted to win, I’m sure, but too many seemed to lack focus at least. It was painful to watch, not because we were outplayed, but because we should have won, should have been better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

True. Corners were like 1-7 in our favour. I’ve seen people say we deserved to lose, and maybe we did, but it’s not as if we were ever out of the game. We weren’t. It’s just that over and over again, we wasted good opportunities to create something through sheer lack of application. We gifted them possession and decent breaks. We’re capable of so much better. I’ve seen so much more pure effort from this team. I always feel it’s simplistic to blame a lack of effort, as I genuinely don’t think professional footballers want to play badly. They wanted to win, I’m sure, but too many seemed to lack focus at least. It was painful to watch, not because we were outplayed, but because we should have won, should have been better. 

One of our problems is, we let other teams play too easily.

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

We are a one man team, Lets stop making it so **** obvious FFS, 

Hows abouts some of the other dead wood start **** stepping up for a change and start taking **** ownership of the their own bull shite problems!

Sure. Tell us how we can get them to do so then.

16 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I think the tactics are based around jack. Everything that goes forward goes through jack. This will be our undoing, as no one wants to have a go themselves without a pass to jack first. This is what I see every game.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

One of our problems is, we let other teams play too easily.

Today, specifically, they seemed to lack focus, and generally speaking every Villa team I’ve ever seen has always been too damn nice and polite. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Sure. Tell us how we can get them to do so then.

As above, Not Difficult!.. 

Start **** stepping up for a change and start taking **** ownership of the their own bull shite problems! 

Must say I don't see the Engels incident as a penalty.

They both go for it, and Engels gets hit.  It doesn't seem intentional, but calling it "punched him in the face" makes it sound so.  If it was a clash of heads, as it would be if it was two outfield players, you wouldn't say one player nutted the other in the face, unless you thought that was the intent.

I think the keeper went for the ball, mistimed it, and hit him without meaning to.  It happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Today, specifically, they seemed to lack focus, and generally speaking every Villa team I’ve ever seen has always been too damn nice and polite. 

I can remember villa teams that wasn't nice and polite.....they was poles apart.

maybe thats my problem....i see it too easily.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

Must say I don't see the Engels incident as a penalty.

100% stone wall pen

If Englels goes up for a header and impedes the goaly and we score 100% it will be a free kick against.

Why should only goalkeepers get "offered protection" in the box?

What does a keeper need to do to get sent off? a Tony Schumacher?

Edited by screwdriver

Disappointing as looking at the results it was an opportunity missed to go 4 clear of the drop zone. We are an inconsistent side hence our precarious league position. It is frustrating as there is a decent team in there somewhere.  It is a dogfight for 3 out of the bottom 6 to go down. We need to get some clean sheets and also we need to win versus teams in the top 10 if we are to stay up.

Â