• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Engels (Konza 45)
    • Davis (El Ghazi 58)
    • Trézéguet (Nakamba 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/20 at 23:59

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I think he was sent off not just for that foul but for an accumulation of fouls. Was quite obvious Howe put him in the team to kick Grealish all day and quite frankly he got what he deserved.

In the reverse fixture at the start of the season I said that Bournemouth were one of the dirtiest sides i'd seen for a while so we should have known what to expect and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've listened to it on WM today and they were completely convinced on the sending off - they felt that it was clear and obvious and a stupid decision by the player that fully merited a second yellow..

They mentioned that Engels had to take a blow from the keeper to put his header over the bar, but didn't so much as whisper the words "foul" or "penalty".

I haven't seen either, but that's not the conclusion I'm hearing here.

Engels was in the air, won the header (which was over) and a split second after he headed it, the keeper aiming for the ball which had been headed and gone past the keeper, clocked engels with his out stretched fist.

Chanel I watch all saying definite penalty.

The grealish incident the commentators all said not a yellow.

We were VERY poor today until they went down to 10. Normally solid players like mings and fred both had shockers. They are already having to out perform each week for lazy players, so when they play bad it doesnt go well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Approached the game all wrong, passive yet again, beat all over the park, didnt look like we wanted it enough. Away from home that has happened far too often.

We are very inconsistent so I cant even complain, it happens and will keep happening.

I think when a keeper plays as well as he did midweek he should play the next game regardless but I suppose Reina hadnt done much to lose his place in league games, thought he was iffy today though. Guilbert had a shocker, Hause is so bad on the ball and wants forever on it too which is suicide. Mings had a bad day too. Too many did, we need 7/8 of them to play blinders to have a chance of getting anything out of a game imo. MOTM Grealish, pleased for Samagol but back to the drawing board now. 2 week break, going to need a midweek PM atmosphere at Villa Park for the Spurs game.

Disappointing afternoon, thankfully results went our way for once. Really congested down there atm, pleased West Ham fudged their chance of points before their impossible run starts.

Keep the faith my bros 

We have to keep the faith.....but we need better quality to survive in this league.

"potential" is fine, but this league is a fierce place to mix it.....its not for the faint hearted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Meh. They just wanted it more. Luckily other results went our way.  Good to see Samatta get his goal. 

The problem for me is......" they wanted it more"  is an indictment on their character....assuming we are talking about some, not all.

probably the one thing I abhor more than anything.....it smacks of not enough fight as an 11.

its the bare minimum for me.

i can accept poor play to a degree......but not that.

Just now, TRO said:

The problem for me is......" they wanted it more"  is an indictment on their character....assuming we are talking about some, not all.

probably the one thing I abhor more than anything.....it smacks of not enough fight as an 11.

its the bare minimum for me.

i can accept poor play to a degree......but not that.

There’s been games this season where we’ve wanted it more. Normally at home with the crowd behind the players. For example Everton and Newcastle. Doesn’t make us better than those teams. It’s just how it is sometimes. 

• Like 1

FFS STOP **** GIVING THE BALL TO JACK AND CREATE YOUR OWN **** VISION AND OPPORTUNITIES YOU USLESS BUNCH OF BOTTLE JOB rocket polishers 

SHOW SOME **** PRIDE AND DETERMINATION FOR THE BADGE OR **** OFF YOU USELESS words removed!!! 

Tactically inept by our team of coaches. 

Do not play Luiz from the start. He can't do 90 minutes so if you start him then he paces himself and just bounces passes back to whoever is nearby ..... never runs, no creativity, no positive intent. Drinkwater is not fit either BUT he is positive and creative and needed to start with Luiz coming off the bench. [EDIT: Understand Drinkwater was injured but I still wouldn't have started with Luiz]

Why play five at the back with three CHs when the opposition are down to ten men and sitting back ? Madness !

Why take off El Ghazi, our only genuine wide man, go with two big guys up top and then fail to feed them because you've just taken off the one player who would get down the flanks and cross ?

Why take ten passes to get out of our own half when the clock is ticking down and we should be throwing the kitchen sink at them ?

Very poor performance and exactly what I feared if we beat Leicester. One team rolled its sleeves up today and played like they HAD to win ..... the other wore claret and blue !

Worryingly inept performance both on AND off the pitch ! 

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

were just not very good! The players do not have the technical ability to  play the way he wants to play. 

But he must have had some input into bringing those players to the club.

That one hurt, as it always felt like we would have beat them comfortably if we even played close to our best. The apllication just wasn’t there, and it looked sloppy and lacklustre, a few brief spells aside.

Let’s just hope this won’t be the beginning of the end. Need to bounce back soon.

5 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

NO idea how Davis has received some critical comments in this thread (along with the positive ones). Two games back from injury. Two positive impacts off the bench. Time to change a few scratched records, I feel. 

He's awesome. Changed the game and if he was brought on a bit earlier or started the game, we don't lose that. We need to start with him and Samatta up front and Grealish in a free role.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

NO idea how Davis has received some critical comments in this thread (along with the positive ones). Two games back from injury. Two positive impacts off the bench. Time to change a few scratched records, I feel. 

I think the comments have been general as opposed to specific.

I didn't see todays game, but was impressed with some of his game against leicester.

but i still say he has to score, to win over all the fan base.

6 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

That one hurt, as it always felt like we would have beat them comfortably if we even played close to our best. The apllication just wasn’t there, and it looked sloppy and lacklustre, a few brief spells aside.

Let’s just hope this won’t be the beginning of the end. Need to bounce back soon.

The strange thing is all the perpheral stats were in our favour....it seems like the reverse of tuesday nights game....where they had the stats and we had the goals.

Â