• Samatta
    • Grealish
    • Engels (Konza 45)
    • Davis (El Ghazi 58)
    • Trézéguet (Nakamba 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/20 at 23:59

47 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

We need him on the ball as much as possible. He's literally our most creative player. He makes the chances and he scores a few too! 

He made a couple of poor decisions himself, today if i'm honest.

• Like 1

I didn’t watch today, I chose to spend some quality time with my kids instead. From reading these pages, that looks like a good decision. 

Im pleased Samatta got his first goal on his league debut, but very displeased that we once again failed to make numerical advantage count. I haven’t seen the Engles incident, but the Sky commentary said it was a very clear cut penalty. We shouldn’t have had to rely on incidents like that though. 

We are still outside of the bottom three though, but we have to start getting serious now. We need to start taking points from the teams near the top. Spurs is roughly two weeks away now, we need to solve some of these problems in that time and perform to our best to get anything from that. A win at home to Jose’s spuds is unlikely, but possible. Work rate and belief are an absolute must, and the minimum we should expect. 

• Like 1

Infuriating, one step forward 2 steps back again 

Not only are we shit at defending set pieces we are shit at attacking them too, with mings  konsa and hause over 6ft we should be more of a threat

Edited by Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Disappointing as looking at the results it was an opportunity missed to go 4 clear of the drop zone. We are an inconsistent side hence our precarious league position. It is frustrating as there is a decent team in there somewhere.  It is a dogfight for 3 out of the bottom 6 to go down. We need to get some clean sheets and also we need to win versus teams in the top 10 if we are to stay up.

Peaks & troughs was always going to be the order of the day, this season....as they settle and gel we all hope the Bmh work will help with our level of consistency.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the team we started with, in my opinion. That is exactly the team I would have started with. Unfortunately the players were shit. We are incredibly inconsistent.

Grealish our main man (MOM) as usual. Samatta and Davis both good. Engels is our best CB. Hawse is poor, terrified me every time he was on the ball. He was either dwelling on the ball or launching it into touch.

Mings is sometimes colossus, sometimes clown. How many goals has he been responsible for this season?

I thought bringing in Reina for this game was a good idea. Wrong.

Bournemouth are a busy, dirty, get-in-your-face, pressing team, and we do not seem to be able to compete with that style of play.

On a positive note, other results favoured us. Won't always happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

100% stone wall pen

If Englels goes up for a header and impedes the goaly and we score 100% it will be a free kick against.

Why should only goalkeepers get "offered protection" in the box?

What does a keeper need to do to get sent off? a Tony Schumacher?

Keepers do get sent off.

They get more protection because of the history of injuries down the years.  Some think they now get too much protection.

In the same way that a clash of heads isn't automatically a foul, a clash of any other part of the body also isn't automatically so.

It looked to me like an accident and an honest attempt to go for the ball.  Do you think it was intentional?

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Infuriating, one step forward 2 steps back again 

Not only are we shit at defending set pieces we are shit at attacking them too, with mings  konsa and hause over 6ft we should be more of a threat

do we actually do any aerial work?

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nothing wrong with the team we started with, in my opinion. That is exactly the team I would have started with. Unfortunately the players were shit. We are incredibly inconsistent.

Grealish our main man (MOM) as usual. Samatta and Davis both good. Engels is our best CB. Hawse is poor, terrified me every time he was on the ball. He was either dwelling on the ball or launching it into touch.

Mings is sometimes colossus, sometimes clown. How many goals has he been responsible for this season?

I thought bringing in Reina for this game was a good idea. Wrong.

Bournemouth are a busy, dirty, get-in-your-face, pressing team, and we do not seem to be able to compete with that style of play.

On a positive note, other results favoured us. Won't always happen.

I have been waiting patiently, for your penultimate line to be dealt with.....i see little evidence of work being done on it.

sometimes we are not too bad, but generally a tight press and we are toast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

whether it's intentional or not it is dangerous play.

Goalies punching at crosses while opponents try to head them is dangerous play?

No.  It's a situation in which accidents and injuries can occur.  Like tackling.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

No.  It's a situation in which accidents and injuries can occur.  Like tackling.

Doesn’t matter, you can give away a penalty trying to go for the ball and catch the player. 

it was a penalty and no red card 

• Like 2

Poor display we were out fought which was most disappointing thing ,we looked flat after Tuesday and didnt look up for the fight at all credit to Bournemouth they deserved the win  ,as a positive good to see Samatta score if he can get 8 to 10 goals we will stay up 

I must have watched a different game today judging by the comments on here.

The wind was howling, the decisions from the referee were baffling and every touch, deflection and rebound seemed to favour Bournemouth (just like in our first game against them). A very scrappy game as a result - which suits the scrappy Bournemouth perfectly. Billing for them was a nuisance - but nobody else in their side stood out.

As for us, we clearly struggled with these conditions though at no stage did I feel it was as bad a performance as some of our earlier games (3-1 watford, anyone?). It could have been a very different game

• Had Guilbert's cross to an unmarked Grealish not got the slightest of touches to take the pace off the ball.....
  • Had Grealish's close-range shot deflect off their keeper and gone in rather than manage, somehow, to stay out.....
  • Had Reina's right hand found a bit more strength.....
  • Had Konsa got the foul called against him from the corner before they ran up the other end to eventually score from a rebound....
  • Had a penalty been given for a punch in the face....
  • Had the rebound from Targett's shot or Davis' shot found a claret shirt....

The only bit that had me seething was our game management in the last 10 minutes. We played into their hands with some dumb football. Other than that I thought we competed ok - we just didn't get the rub of the green.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Let's be clear – the goalkeeper's intent is utterly irrelevant.

You're late with a clearance, the other guy gets to the ball first and you kick him... Foul.

You're late with a header, the other guy gets to the ball first and you nut him... Foul.

You're late with a punch, the other guy gets to the ball first and you lay him out... FOUL!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

Doesn’t matter, you can give away a penalty trying to go for the ball and catch the player. 

it was a penalty and no red card 

I agree he punched the player not thr ball, should have been a penalty 

4 hours ago, peterms said:

Must say I don't see the Engels incident as a penalty.

They both go for it, and Engels gets hit.  It doesn't seem intentional, but calling it "punched him in the face" makes it sound so.  If it was a clash of heads, as it would be if it was two outfield players, you wouldn't say one player nutted the other in the face, unless you thought that was the intent.

I think the keeper went for the ball, mistimed it, and hit him without meaning to.  It happens.

When someone mis-times a tackle does that mean its not a foul?

No, it doesn't 

But, whilst i agree a penatly would be harsh, to the letter of the law, and in the context of your comparison, it should be a penalty.

Â