Tickets

Kingman

57 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

we got train tickets Wolvo to Euston and return TOTAL £26.50     11am out   and 19;30 back 

Is there extra time if it's draw? You'll struggle to make a 19:30 from Euston Rob if there's ET (& penalties)

I'm assuming kick off is 4:30pm like last year.

So there are 28,000 members.

If we assume that maybe 500 season ticket holders don't go, and assume that the club will take 1,500 tickets for Lions clubs, players families, sponsors and staff - that'll leave about 2,000 tickets going on sale to members who have been to eight games.

I think there might be a handful creep into the five games or more category, but it'll be close. 

There will be 20,000 "neutral" tickets out there somewhere - that's the market I think non-season ticket holders will need to be looking at.

I know a few people who have had season ticket holders a while but want to go with newer season ticket holders - there's a chap I work with who's been a season ticket holder for years but only started buying tickets for his son and his son's friend over the last couple of seasons - it'll be interesting for people like that - he's waiting for the second season ticket window so that they can sit together - but by then I think three seats together will be quite restrictive on where he can sit.

I think when we get to the "members who have been to eight games or more", the category might be better referred to as "members who have been to eight games of more and don't mind sitting on their own."

I got mine in 132 yesterday. I hope the rest of you find a way!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Is there extra time if it's draw? You'll struggle to make a 19:30 from Euston Rob if there's ET (& penalties)

I'm assuming kick off is 4:30pm like last year.

Sorry posted wrong info. just double checked. return journey 20:38. Any way due to new tiers of ticket allocation, we cant apply until about 10 minutes before kick off. Pretty sure we wont get a ticket now, So have to decide if we are going any way and watch it at the Green Man with atmosphere or meet up and watch it at a pub in Cannock and sell the train tickets on line. Up to my lad really, I think he wants to go down personally I would plumb for Cannock  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So there are 28,000 members.

If we assume that maybe 500 season ticket holders don't go, and assume that the club will take 1,500 tickets for Lions clubs, players families, sponsors and staff - that'll leave about 2,000 tickets going on sale to members who have been to eight games.

I think there might be a handful creep into the five games or more category, but it'll be close. 

There will be 20,000 "neutral" tickets out there somewhere - that's the market I think non-season ticket holders will need to be looking at.

I know a few people who have had season ticket holders a while but want to go with newer season ticket holders - there's a chap I work with who's been a season ticket holder for years but only started buying tickets for his son and his son's friend over the last couple of seasons - it'll be interesting for people like that - he's waiting for the second season ticket window so that they can sit together - but by then I think three seats together will be quite restrictive on where he can sit.

I think when we get to the "members who have been to eight games or more", the category might be better referred to as "members who have been to eight games of more and don't mind sitting on their own."

I got mine in 132 yesterday. I hope the rest of you find a way!

I cant see season ticket holders not getting their allocation, If they dont go I believe they would pass on their tickets to others. So 30,000 will still be taken up one way or the other 

17 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

For me and my daughter, £130 tickets, £120 train, £50 food, drink and programme...so £300ish all in!

I am most aggrieved about the train fare of £120 for one adult and one child from Stafford. Rip-off, but I don't want the stress of having to park somewhere in London

You can park somewhere like Hillingdon and get train in to Wembley.

55 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

These are the corporate. Whilst it’s how i got 2 tickets for the playoff finals it really pissed me off to see severely empty seats next to me. The system is wrong. If the companies aren’t going to use the tickets they should be giving them back to the club. 

It’s the selfish world we live in. Makes my blood boil. 

Thanks for all your advice everyone. You encouraged me to do a little more digging. I managed to find a family travelcard for the day which covers trains and tube for £44.00 all in. It means I have to get the 'slow' train but that's fine.

• Like 2

Looking at the seating plan, it looks like there are around 700 left in the lower tiers now and just over 5,000 in the upper tier, although there may be a couple of blocks that haven't yet been released in the upper tier..

I think the first wave of buying is pretty much done - those numbers haven't moved much in the last day or so - so the next interesting bit will be next Tuesday when around six thousand newer season ticket holders get their stab at it.

By next Wednesday, those with memberships should have a very clear indication of their chances.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the seating plan, it looks like there are around 700 left in the lower tiers now and just over 5,000 in the upper tier, although there may be a couple of blocks that haven't yet been released in the upper tier..

I think the first wave of buying is pretty much done - those numbers haven't moved much in the last day or so - so the next interesting bit will be next Tuesday when around six thousand newer season ticket holders get their stab at it.

By next Wednesday, those with memberships should have a very clear indication of their chances.

avfc support tweeted last night that the seats are released in waves , so its difficult to get a true picture of whats sold. I'm not sure they have gone as quickly as expected

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Man City probably won’t sell their allocation as they didn’t last year or in Fa cup. All these Wembley trips probably getting a bit pricey for their fans. 

What happens to those tickets?

Empty seats m’lord, empty seats !!!!!

• Haha 1

On 06/02/2020 at 07:43, mattyvilla said:

avfc support tweeted last night that the seats are released in waves 

Really surprised they've done this bullshit again. It was the same for the playoffs and I think it's absurd. If you're higher in the queue, you should get your pick of seats.

I benefited from it last time, got a great seat smack on the half way line in the middle tier, I think it was a category a seat when I only had a few game booking history. While some season ticket holders who got there late for their wave ended up right up top because that was all that was left for them and they had to either settle for a worse seat, or take their chance fighting for a better seat with fans with a worse booking history.

It's not a fair system at all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I think it's done to ensure that there are pairs available - if everything was released at once there would be an awful lot of single tickets available. 

It will be very interesting to see how it looks on Tuesday night - there are currently less than 5,000 for sale so there are definitely some sections still to be offered - at a very rough guess I'd say we have around 7,000 "new" season ticket holders - so by the time we get to the end of Tuesday it's possible that there won't be much left.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Really surprised they've done this bullshit again. It was the same for the playoffs and I think it's absurd. If you're higher in the queue, you should get your pick of seats.

I benefited from it last time, got a great seat smack on the half way line in the middle tier, I think it was a category a seat when I only had a few game booking history. While some season ticket holders who got there late for their wave ended up right up top because that was all that was left for them and they had to either settle for a worse seat, or take their chance fighting for a better seat with fans with a worse booking history.

It's not a fair system at all.

completely agree , ive bought poor tickets in the past only for better ones to be released after.

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If i paid for claret membership today, would i be eligible to get a ticket? Provided theres any left?

I'm not sure if you can still buy claret membership - if you can, then in theory, yes - but you'd still need a good history of games attended as a member this season - it might not get beyond members who have attended eight games

Â