Midweek Football 27/29 January

andykeenan

2 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure that United would be a much easier final than City, United would probably be more determined to beat us than City would, either one will be a difficult game. If United were to win tonight, no point celebrating it as if it's some sort of victory for us, have to beat them first.

This post is just redic.

1.Why would United be more determined than city? 

2. How much does determination actually matter? 

3. City is one of (maybe the actual) the greatest teams to ever play in PL. United suck compared to them.

4. We had a chance against United. City just tanked us.

• Like 1

Concentrating just on us rather than the 2 manc teams we had a bit of confidence and belief at OT

The game vs City we had lost when it was written on the calender, heads didn't drop they were never in it to begin with 

I'd like utd just cos I think we'd try and play our stuff 

No it's not ridiculous, having a preference for United over City in the final is one thing that would have been my preference, it's acting like United beating City tonight would be cause for some sort of celebration for us, that's ridiculous, for one it presumes that we can't beat City, and worse presumes that we will beat United, whichever Manchester club we play in the final we will be massive underdogs. And I'd say determination is one of the most important aspects to team, so it matters quite a lot. This season Palace,Wolves (twice), Man Utd, Newcastle, Shaktar Donetsk, Liverpool, Atlanta, Norwich, and Spurs have all either beat City or stopped them from winning, so no they're not invincible, and far from the greatest Premier league team, if they were they wouldn't be so far behind Liverpool now.

Obviously City will be overwhelming favourites but I feel we have a chance against them, just like I felt we had a chance against Leicester. That said in a strange way I think I feel more confident of a result in a one off game against City, than I did going into a two legged tie against Leicester, I guess that was the feeling that even if you get a good result in the first leg, the opposition still have another chance to come and have a go at you, whereas in a one off game we just need one positive result and that's it we've won the game, obviously that's easier said than done, but it's not impossible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder how much of an impact on ticket sales it’ll have (combined with the fact we’ve been several times recently)

For me the playoffs aren't a factor at all. It's a chance to see us win our first trophy in 24 years.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a final, will be impossible to get tickets

Whilst I agree, I was surprised that the club was still selling semi-final tickets on the day of the game. I have no doubt at all it'll sell out comfortably but wonder if a few who have been a few times in recent years might elect to watch this on TV.

Â