Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, choffer said:

Apparently the stuff with alcohol in it is best. I’m washing my hands on Famous Grouse from now on. Wouldn’t want to drink it anyway. 

Where u can use soap and hot water - when that isn't possible use hand held.

It doesn't really matter if you personally don't use the hand gel - if everyone else uses it - then that reduces the spread for all of us.

On 28/02/2020 at 17:11, Genie said:

I need to renew my mortgage later this year, they just mentioned on the news that interest rate cuts might be on the way. Every cloud...

Because they'll pass on that cut right away, silly mouse!

The planned trip to watch the 6 Nations in Rome for my mates 50th has fallen foul and has been cancelled.

quite a few going understandably got cold feet and a couple were told by employers (NHS and schools) not to go... 

my mate is now trying to recoup as much money as he can but I fear without the game being officially cancelled there’s little or no chance of getting anything back.

gutted :( 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The planned trip to watch the 6 Nations in Rome for my mates 50th has fallen foul and has been cancelled.

quite a few going understandably got cold feet and a couple were told by employers (NHS and schools) not to go... 

my mate is now trying to recoup as much money as he can but I fear without the game being officially cancelled there’s little or no chance of getting anything back.

gutted :( 

I think it'll be cancelled eventually

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Euros in the summer must be a major risk. First time it’s spread so wide too. 

Both the Euro's and the Olympics in Japan will likely be cancelled if it continues like this.

The Euro's was beyond daft with the way it's structured to begin with, not exactly a good idea having people travel around like that with the Corona virus being a thing.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Both the Euro's and the Olympics in Japan will likely be cancelled if it continues like this.

The Euro's was beyond daft with the way it's structured to begin with, not exactly a good idea having people travel around like that with the Corona virus being a thing.

With such a huge outbreak in Italy nobody is going to want to host a game of theirs.

Obvious first thought is to defer it a year or so, but this will then start clashing with the special actions in place because of the other daft decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar in the winter.

Edited by Genie

Â