Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Today I tidied the garage and jet washed the patio 😭

I hope you enjoy labour ! I know some do.

On the off chance the OP genuinely wondered what we do, here’s mine...

My typical schedule at present consists of playing the piano, cryptic crosswords, number puzzles, listening to music, X Box, sitting peacefully in my rocking chair on the porch, bingeing Trailer Park Boys ( recently discovered) and Curb Your Enthusiasm, and as of last week rewatching UFO, The Prisoner, and Time Tunnel from the sixties on YouTube.

Chat to the kids by whichever means.

I watch no news ( too alarmist) but check a few facts every other day to keep up to date. And f I feel particularly anxious have the Golf on in the background or endless reruns of Flog It and Homes Under The Hammer.

Oh, and sleep a lot, as I find it very calming.

Edited by terrytini
Sorry Mods I just saw there is a thread.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’ve not paid much attention to @markavfc40 posts since he started banging on about the chemicals in the water making the frigging frogs gay. 

What? Is that serious? That's a completely insane thing to believe.  Everyone know it's government experiments that are turning the frogs gay. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What? Is that serious? That's a completely insane thing to believe.  Everyone know it's government experiments that are turning the frogs gay. 

The frogs aren’t turning gay, that’s what the government want you to believe. It’s the squirrels that have all turned gay, after being exposed to the same chemtrails that were meant for us. It’s all a big cover up designed by MK Ultra. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m in the “spent a lot less than usual” camp during this lockdown. Probably thick end of a grand saved with kids off school, no work travelling, no eating out, no football, less shopping. A good time to top up the coffers as I suspect next week me and my colleagues will be asked to take a hair cut to protect the business

Problem with lice? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Germany are the ones to watch, how do they have so many cases (3 x UK cases), yet half the deaths we have. I have barely heard them being mentioned on the news or in articles. I'm guessing more beds and a better health service than us? I just found it staggering how they seem to be coping rather well with it compared to us with far more cases at this stage.

Hopefully they get these tests available soonish, especially the antibody as that will tell us exactly where we are imo. Many of us have felt like we have had it or something similar over the last 3/4 months or so with no confirmation. I'm still hoping many of us have had it at some point and have built a little resistance towards it. I'm no medical expert by any means but I would think this would be the best case scenario until we get a vaccine for it!

10 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Germany are the ones to watch, how do they have so many cases (3 x UK cases), yet half the deaths we have. I have barely heard them being mentioned on the news or in articles. I'm guessing more beds and a better health service than us? I just found it staggering how they seem to be coping rather well with it compared to us with far more cases at this stage.

Hopefully they get these tests available soonish, especially the antibody as that will tell us exactly where we are imo. Many of us have felt like we have had it or something similar over the last 3/4 months or so with no confirmation. I'm still hoping many of us have had it at some point and have built a little resistance towards it. I'm no medical expert by any means but I would think this would be the best case scenario until we get a vaccine for it!

They have been testing more than anyone else. Their denominator is higher and their median age is lower. So their mortality rate is going to be lower than those countries that are only testing the sick older patients. So Spain don't pick up the young less unwell patient among their denominator so their mortality rate is going to be higher.

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Well I had a Domino's tonight and didn't think about decontaminating the boxes before opening. 

Now going to bed sure that I've infected myself.

VT never fails to depress you 😂

Yeah, same here. Now fully convinced I'll be dead in a week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They begged people not to have unimportant things delivered, now the government is sending out 30m letters to tell people what they already know. Brilliant use of resources.

At a cost of six million quid. I can think of better use of resources. It'll be going in the bin, with the rest of the junk mail. 

• Like 1

Â