Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did Boris visit his mum on Mother’s Day? If she has it too then it’s got to me one of the biggest hypocrite events in the history of ever

Yeah I suspect they all got together and then Stanley told them it was time to pop down to the pub. 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Yeah I suspect they all got together and then Stanley told them it was time to pop down to the pub. 

Imagine if the PM of the UK infects and kills one of his parents when not following his own governments advice 😯

It would certainly put a dampener on this general feeling that he’s handled the pandemic ok so far...

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

His kids weren’t invited though. 

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I think it was said by the Downing Street spokesperson that he 'saw her' on Skype. His comments in the press conference weren't exactly clear the couple of days before.

Yes, this is what I remember. He initially said he was going to be very busy on Sunday. Then said he hoped to see her.

If she has it, and he did see her, the potential Skype fib could be a bit more fuel on the fire.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did Boris visit his mum on Mother’s Day? If she has it too then it’s got to me one of the biggest hypocrite events in the history of ever

At the time they said he saw her Via Skype , don’t think you can spread it that way 

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You are right. I obviously come at this armed with the emotion of not being able to stand the guy and given the choice I would have rather have seen someone more worthy, someone who has actually spent their working live trying to help people in need not the opposite, get this test given they are apparently so sparse.

I understood your emotion Mark but, like him or loathe him, he's the head of the government and we could do with him being healthy to get this thing sorted. Having confusion and lack of control at the top won't be any help to us all so for that reason I understand him getting tested. 

• Like 2

I'd like to know what advice to follow so if anyone can help me please feel free to. 

Asthma UK states that I should isolate for 14 days if I have Coronavirus but the UK.gov website says 7 days. Which am I supposed to follow? 

I'm supposed to be one of the shielded folks due to the inhaler I take for my Asthma - as per the Asthma UK website. I've heard nothing. If I've had Coronavirus does that mean I don't need to be shielded? I haven't had a test so what if I don't get shielded, that puts me at risk, right? Surely I should be shielded until its proved I had the virus? 

They need to be more clear with the advice. 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Regardless of anybodies political allegiance or any other difference there may be I just don't get why people are glad someone has got this virus or wishes that someone gets it !!!

Goes against the grain of human decency.

It does not matter who is in charge, some things they will get right, some they will get wrong. They will never please everyone. It's impossible.

Absolutely anyone can get this virus, anyone. 

Who said they were glad Boris has it?

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I understood your emotion Mark but, like him or loathe him, he's the head of the government and we could do with him being healthy to get this thing sorted. Having confusion and lack of control at the top won't be any help to us all so for that reason I understand him getting tested. 

Mate, we have that already, in abundance.

I can't see how removal of that clown can be anything but positive.........unless of course it's Raab C Dipshit who replaces him.

• Haha 1

How are we ever going to be back at work. I mean theres going to be many a knobber who hasn't listened to goverment guide lines and could start it all over again. We all need to get immunity really. We will still be at risk going back to work within 3 months wouldn't we??

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

How are we ever going to be back at work. I mean theres going to be many a knobber who hasn't listened to goverment guide lines and could start it all over again. We all need to get immunity really. We will still be at risk going back to work within 3 months wouldn't we??

We’ve also got to wait until the last country (probably the USA) has it under control.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There’s only two permanent exits: a vaccine or herd immunity. 

The Imperial College modelling suggested that after the initial suppression phase, we’d be doing a series of lockdowns interspersed with normalish working periods, closing down again once the NHS came under strain dealing with the increasing cases. 

That could be rolling on and off again for about 12 months (or however long a vaccine takes to develop). 

Â