Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not round here; pretty much everything made of paper gone out of my local Sainsbury's this afternoon. I'll be wiping my arse on birthday cards soon 😞

Avoid the glittery ones.

Unless you like the glamorous fabulous starfish look.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not round here; pretty much everything made of paper gone out of my local Sainsbury's this afternoon. I'll be wiping my arse on birthday cards soon 😞

I did notice that all of the Lidl offers pamphlets were gone as I left the store earlier. That's a bit unusual for a Tuesday so I've put that down to people swiping for wiping.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are you sure its not the right photo?

How have you found that out?

I’m asking because I have a tendency to believe Reuters with minimal checking.

Its a real photo, Just from sunday announcing the day of prayer,

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Don’t you make me put LakotaDakota on the dodgy list...

heh, i got rid of my pic until i can check ;) had about an hours sleep last night, day of complete pissing about today and currently trying to sort out setting up & updating 4 different pc's. Think i've probably gone a bit mad at this point

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm never on sure footing with 'proof', but is 62% enough for alcohol sanitiser to do anything? Usually gets quoted as at least 70% to be effective.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm never on sure footing with 'proof', but is 62% enough for alcohol sanitiser to do anything? Usually gets quoted as at least 70% to be effective.

Someone in that thread says 60%+ for hands and 79%+ for surfaces but I have no idea whether that's correct.

Edit: A quick look suggests that 60%+ is right for hands.

Edited by snowychap

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s how strangely specific the shortages are.

Bog roll gone, kitchen towel piled up to the rafters. Well, if you were genuinely concerned, surely you’d take the kitchen roll?

Morrisons today, I called in after work, no pasta, no rice, absolutely stacks of choices of couscous. No baked beans, vast array of kidney beans, borlotti, mixed beans, chick peas...

The panic appears to be mostly amongst people that have never watched Ready Steady Cook.

Can I just point out I did this joke 3 days ago , though I went with Bake off over RSC

Credit where credit is due you told it with more panache but If this wins post of the year i want a mention in your acceptance speech  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

That could come in really useful for a good mate of mine who runs an independent pizza place in Cardiff. He’s been pretty stressed to say the least but I’ll forward that to him. Thanks for posting 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Â