Generic Virus Thread

villakram

So almost exactly 100 years since the Spanish Flu, followed by the great depression a few years later. 

Just hope we don't also have to suffer WW3.

Edited by sne

Having been abroad with work I'm now in self isolation in our annex (more like shed\mancave), it's been 3 days and I've already counted all the nails in the wallboards, watched all seasons of scrubs\it crowd, emptied my football beer fridge and communicated with the foxes at night. 11 days to go. The old ball and chain seems to be enjoying herself at my expense, I heard her outside on the porch yesterday popping open a bottle of wine..

I'm now moving on to watching the weather channel on youtube as I'm getting mentally insane from all the corona news.. I might go for Bob Ross on reruns next.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Handgun sales in the US is apparently soaring with long queues outside gun stores due to the virus scare.

789cde3460f64b8f877639eb293d9e9a_md.jpg09178bfd4d3846f48cf388d3303407f7_md.jpg

Nice to see people taking the Chief Wiggums approach to things. He is after all one of the great thinkers of our time.

Bildresultat för chief wiggum shooting flu gif

They are cowards. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

@HanoiVillanAlso, it's possible that Whitty meant 20% immunity in a particular area of Wuhan (since obviously there will be concentrations of infection in different parts of Wuhan province).

Wuhan is the city, and Hubei is the province it is in. I suppose it is theoretically possible he was talking about one particular area of the city, but while it may have some neighbourhoods harder than others, I'm not aware of that having formed any part of the public discussion at this stage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They are cowards. 

I thought exactly the same, they have a terrified society, the big bad men are coming to steal their bog roll and kill their family while they're at it so only a gun can save them

madness

• Like 1

My parents live in France and are at risk, so bought a load of masks as an extra precaution. Oh you remember that time France banned face masks. So legally they tell me, they can't wear them. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My parents live in France and are at risk, so bought a load of masks as an extra precaution. Oh you remember that time France banned face masks. So legally they tell me, they can't wear them. 

The internet suggests they are wrong and can wear them. 

Â