Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should have announced this last week. **** idiot. 

Exactly. The amount of stress and uncertainty placed on the education sector in the last few days was totally unnecessary. Everybody knew that the schools shouldn't have gone back after new year. Everyone.

At least they have (finally) acknowledged this.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Thanks for all the good wishes, VT.

On Saturday I went to training with the intention of measuring my heart rate and lung capacity. One of the lads I play with is a doctor, so I knew it would be safe with him around. 

I did a lap of the pitch and took a reading of my blood-oxygen. The usual level is between 95 and 98, with below 90 considered quite dangerous. I was told to sit down after my lap, because my reading was 85.

Dr Teammate reckons it might be lung tissue damage and I’ll be fine in a few months... but says I should go get checked for damage to my heart valves. That would require heart surgery. Not something you hope for at age 33, especially in the US medical system.

All of which is to say that I think I’ll be all right but, fellas, avoid this thing if you can. Vaccines are on the way. Don’t get shot on the last day of the war.

Mate this is awful, I’m so sorry to hear this. Please stay safe and get better soon.

• Thanks 1

So they have gone from threatening court action to stop schools from closing to a complete educational lockdown within a couple of weeks? Not bad.

Well what do you expect when our nation's youth  are governed by a former lying journalist and fireplace salesman of the year.

I have serious doubts this season will be finished. Oh well. 

• Like 2

My son completely f up his mocks. We were on and on about it but he just didn't put the work in, even with me paying a frickin fortune for a maths tutor. 

If they rely on mocks he is completely screwed. 

I am praying they go for some kind of regular assessments as they go. 

Complete lockdown as in you can't see people in your support bubble?

I only see my family once a fortnight - only face to face conversation I have. Not sure I can lose that at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Did people stop? I've had two per week, every week since March.

They are getting on my tits to be honest.  Me and and Mrs Sidcow roll our eyes when we remember the quiz is on later. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Complete lockdown as in you can't see people in your support bubble?

I only see my family once a fortnight - only face to face conversation I have. Not sure I can lose that at the moment. 

You can still see people in your support bubble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why didn't he announce this Sunday? What an absolute clearing in the woods.

I still don't know what the situation is with grandparent childcare. Do bubbles still exist? 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Good to see Starmer giving the bastard hell and really not letting him wriggle off the hook.

He'd be hit with "Now is not the time" if he did.  Nothing sticks with this lot, the pm hid in a fridge to not answer questions on the day of election and won.

• Like 1

Â