Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I didn't want to make this point because it makes me sound like an arrogant clearing in the woods. But hey, if the cap fits.

I regularly run marathons, I regularly cycle 100 miles, I can run a 20 min 5k, I'm in good shape. But I'm technically obese. The government were going to force all obese people to shield. I doubt people who don't exercise, are fatter than me but with smaller glutes so slightly lighter are better candidates to be allowed outside. 🤷

I'm just big boned. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which they are absolutely failing to do.

Yeah, I know Scott. 😪 . That’s why I mentioned it  - if they were doing it I wouldn’t have felt it necessary to mention. The level of fustercluckery those clearings in the woods are inflicting is basically beyond belief, even for the Tories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

I'm feeling really low this evening.

Hey, you’re alive, you’re healthy, you’ve got plans, you’ve got a roof over your head and people who love you and friends. It’s ok to feel bad, it’s natural to react to such a sad tale and conversation.  Be good to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Andy Burnham taking a stand in terms of the financial support package or lack of coming from the government. Massive respect for him and listening to his passionate statement this is a man who cares about the people he serves. 

Yes speaking to someone that knows him today. Good guy!

• Like 1

Although I don’t expect people to post their ages I’d be really interested to know how old everyone is who are confirming or have symptoms.

The line that only the old die of it or are getting symptom seems really hit and miss as we know the effects everyone in different ways. 

3 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Although I don’t expect people to post their ages I’d be really interested to know how old everyone is who are confirming or have symptoms.

The line that only the old die of it or are getting symptom seems really hit and miss as we know the effects everyone in different ways. 

There’s lots of data about the age of people infected and killed with the virus.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He has his flaws, as they all do, but he's definitely better than most. More importantly though, and somewhat leaving aside my personal politics, I just think he's better at the job of being a big city mayor than Khan is.

Your right. Khan is absolutely hopeless.

On one hand barnham is doing right for his people but on the other its causibg a north vs south issue. If manchester says no whats then  stopping london birmingham Portsmouth brighton etc saying if manchester isnt doing it then why should we.

Its a big problem thats for sure.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your right. Khan is absolutely hopeless.

On one hand barnham is doing right for his people but on the other its causibg a north vs south issue. If manchester says no whats then  stopping london birmingham Portsmouth brighton etc saying if manchester isnt doing it then why should we.

Its a big problem thats for sure.

Andy Burnham is not causing a divide, the divide has existed for a long time it’s just finally becoming unavoidably obvious.

Spoken like a true Londoner tho Dem, I’ll wager you hadn’t even heard of Manchester until the virus thing started ;)

• Haha 1

Lancashire has gone into level 3. All this increase was so predictable months ago. it was slow to start with and people were saying were only getting single figure deaths. Its not just  our govt that have messed up, its all govts. 

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Andy Burnham is not causing a divide, the divide has existed for a long time it’s just finally becoming unavoidably obvious.

Spoken like a true Londoner tho Dem, I’ll wager you hadn’t even heard of Manchester until the virus thing started ;)

Spoken like a northerner 😉 this myth we never go up north 😂

Not defending the government but i think regional lockdowns are better than a national lockdown.

Unless they are lying about the figures they should be going in lockdown for a few weeks just like we have to in London  (we are going to be in tier 3 soon) even though my borough is one of the lowest in london we still have to go in lockdown.

Burnham isnt really helping by refusing to  put Manchester in tier 3. Sets the notion of for other parts of the countries saying no too. 

I know there are no certainties, but I have 3 gigs of varying size in May. Bearded Theory which is a festival, but I have 2 in Bristol, one which is around 800 capacity and was sold out or close to selling out Pre Covid, so the rearranged date retains that capacity. The other is pretty much the same but a capacity of 450. 
I am not alone, Pre Covid gigs rearranged but retaining the capacity. How will they do them?

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Lancashire has gone into Tier 3B though, gyms can open! next door in Merseyside were in Tier 3A and gyms can't open

Work out the logic of that

It's intentional to keep everyone guessing and distracted whilst they casually slip in the news that we're now aiming for and expecting a no deal exit from the european union.

• Like 1

Well, it's official. We are breaking the rules (or is it 'the law'?) Rules for grandparents: 

If you are single, you can bubble with one of your children's households, but you must stick with them. 

Households of two grandparents cannot bubble if their children live with other adults

BBC

Â