Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Is this looking like slow-motion March all over again. In March there was that weird limbo looking at other countries toppling over where you thought - well shouldn't we be trying to block transmission by now?

The delay apparently costing thousands of lives, extending the lockdown period and because it was taking so long, opening up the entire country before areas in the North were ready.

People already looking at the maps/charts, looking at the measures and seeing a disconnect.

I've got this horrible feeling we're in another slow motion crash, If lockdowns are imposed then we won't be opening up again this side of Christmas. 

• Like 1

I know this is a stupid question - but do the tiering rules apply to me or to my house?

I.m in a tier 2 area so I can't have someone from another household come over for a cup of tea - but does that mean I can't visit my friend in Bromsgrove who is in a tier 1 area and can have people round for a cup of tea.

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow so we can't go to our preferred pub for a meal with six of us from two households - but can we do it if we travel to a tier 1 area restaurant or pub?

Is it me or the place?

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know this is a stupid question - but do the tiering rules apply to me or to my house?

I.m in a tier 2 area so I can't have someone from another household come over for a cup of tea - but does that mean I can't visit my friend in Bromsgrove who is in a tier 1 area and can have people round for a cup of tea.

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow so we can't go to our preferred pub for a meal with six of us from two households - but can we do it if we travel to a tier 1 area restaurant or pub?

Is it me or the place?

COV19 restrictions, Postcode Checker

https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions?fbclid=IwAR2YwxIgV_AZVSDvpuD4SL3uHbpmcf6aNWEqPzYElNX1ZYj88tkZv4DuOc4

Edited by Kingman

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For gatherings, it is both.

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It means you can't do either.

Edited by snowychap
Better twitter link
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Doesn't help. It just tells me the restrictions on the ground in an area.

I have a feeling that I'm fine to sit with my sisters family and have a meal as long as I don't do it within the borders of a Tier 2 council area. Annoyingly this means that I would have been able to do it at the pub we wanted to book , if that pub had been on the other side of the road.

EDIT: That's wrong as per Snowychap's post above - it applies to the people and the place. I'm Covid-dirty no matter where I go.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Is this looking like slow-motion March all over again. In March there was that weird limbo looking at other countries toppling over where you thought - well shouldn't we be trying to block transmission by now?

The delay apparently costing thousands of lives, extending the lockdown period and because it was taking so long, opening up the entire country before areas in the North were ready.

People already looking at the maps/charts, looking at the measures and seeing a disconnect.

I've got this horrible feeling we're in another slow motion crash, If lockdowns are imposed then we won't be opening up again this side of Christmas. 

Yes it feels that way. I remember the feeling in March when proper action was taken it was finally they’ve done something.

It’s got that vibe again, poking it with a long stick when it should be grabbed and thrown.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

143 deaths announced today. With Hospital admissions rising everyday that figure is only going to rise. So unless these new lockdown measures reduce the rate of transmission, then we are heading back what we were like in March and April 

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Depends if you've managed to scam millions of pounds in Government contracts or not.

Hasn't all been for nothing for some people.

Double bubble with #lockdown2 on the horizon 

It's not a question of if we'll have another national lockdown, it's a matter of how many deaths they'll allow before the pressure becomes too much.

Their handling of this is approaching criminal levels of negligence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not a question of if we'll have another national lockdown, it's a matter of how many deaths they'll allow before the pressure becomes too much.

Their handling of this is approaching criminal levels of negligence.

Starmer has unsurprisingly asked for a 2-3 week lockdown. Yes it’ll be disruptive but I personally think it’s a good idea. Especially knowing it’s for a known period of time.

I think people would obey it very well ans it would be a big success.

• Like 2

Just finished a important press conference in the Netherlands.

• Almost back to full lock down.
  • Everything will shut at 20:00 at the latest.
  • Only take outs possible now for meals.
  • Pubs / restaurants / coffee shops are to shut but you can pop in to do take out though or it would go very wrong.
  • Legislation for masks inside buildings (Not final still working on it,  they can't just make laws in Holland as easy as UK)

That's the jist anyway,  a lot tougher than the UK I think.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just finished a important press conference in the Netherlands.

• Almost back to full lock down.
  • Everything will shut at 20:00 at the latest.
  • Only take outs possible now for meals.
  • Pubs / restaurants / coffee shops are to shut but you can pop in to do take out though or it would go very wrong.
  • Legislation for masks inside buildings (Not final still working on it,  they can't just make laws in Holland as easy as UK)

That's the jist anyway,  a lot tougher than the UK I think.

Will probably be a lot more effective too

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starmer has unsurprisingly asked for a 2-3 week lockdown. Yes it’ll be disruptive but I personally think it’s a good idea. Especially knowing it’s for a known period of time.

I think people would obey it very well ans it would be a big success.

Yeah short term pain for long-term gain, Have to break a few egg's to make an omelet an all that. 

I was so hoping Keir Starmer would drop the mike bomb after his speech and walk straight off :crylaugh:

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starmer has unsurprisingly asked for a 2-3 week lockdown

I suggest it is the only logical way to beat it.

21 days is all,  stick to the rules and it's beatable. (As a percentage of 80 years lifetime,  I mean FFS)

Playing Hokey cokey with a lethal virus,  words removed.

Imagine if the Virus is reporting back somewhere to HQ "They are implementing 1.5 metre distance rule,  oh what are we to do now"

It's just laughing at us at the moment.

Best Smash Mash GIFs | Gfycat

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I suggest it is the only logical way to beat it.

21 days is all,  stick to the rules and it's beatable. (As a percentage of 80 years lifetime,  I mean FFS)

Playing Hokey cokey with a lethal virus,  words removed.

Imagine if the Virus is reporting back somewhere to HQ "They are implementing 1.5 metre distance rule,  oh what are we to do now"

It's just laughing at us at the moment.

Best Smash Mash GIFs | Gfycat

We have 1-2 weeks coming up when kids are off school anyway, perfect opportunity to do it.

Nah, let’s gets some new simple but complicated rules that will be clear but leave everybody confused about what they can or can’t do.

With the exponential growth the failure of this 3 tier system will leave us will brimmed hospitals and many hundreds dead day after day before they admit it’s been a disaster.

I really think the circuit breaker is a fantastic idea. 2 weeks “sacrifice / national isolation would have an enormous impact.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â