Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I’m amazed pubs and restaurants in England are still open. It is a bit of a treat for most people and not near essential like going go work or (to a lesser extent) school.

They should create a package of measures aimed at getting those industries through the winter without massive job losses and bankruptcies and then shut them down until the spring.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m amazed pubs and restaurants in England are still open. It is ... not ... essential like going go work

It is essential like going to work, if you work in the Pub trade.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bickster said:

I might be about to leak this to my MP, I'm not arsed about the sham app btw its more to do with the mask makes you impregnable to the virus attitude

Do it.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m amazed pubs and restaurants in England are still open. It is a bit of a treat for most people and not near essential like going go work or (to a lesser extent) school.

They should create a package of measures aimed at getting those industries through the winter without massive job losses and bankruptcies and then shut them down until the spring.

I can see a lot of pubs and restaurants closing down. The govt can prop up businesses so much but there is no endless pot and today shows another increase in cases and hospitalisations. whatever measures the govt have in place at the moment have not worked.  That guy who said we could have 100k a day cases and 200 deaths a day by the end of October is on course to be right. Only if there is 100k of cases a day we are more likely to have double that amount of deaths a day at least

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I can see a lot of pubs and restaurants closing down. The govt can prop up businesses so much but there is no endless pot and today shows another increase in cases and hospitalisations. whatever measures the govt have in place at the moment have not worked.  That guy who said we could have 100k a day cases and 200 deaths a day by the end of October is on course to be right. Only if there is 100k of cases a day we are more likely to have double that amount of deaths a day at least

Strong rumour is stricter rules from next week, why wait? Some poor bastards will die because of the 4 day wait. 
As you’ve said, current measures aren’t having an impact. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Strong rumour is stricter rules from next week, why wait? Some poor bastards will die because of the 4 day wait. 
As you’ve said, current measures aren’t having an impact. 

I think all the pubs in the North West will have to close next week. Think by the end of all this a good proportion of the elderly and sick will be wiped out.   

Edited by PaulC

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Think by the end of all this a good proportion of the elderly and sick will be wiped out. 

Around here, the Covid capital of the UK, it isn't actually in the care homes much at all. My missus (should but doesn't currently) work in the same office space with the local district nursing team. She bumped into one of them the other day whilst collecting the post to take to her current location and asked how much they were dealing with atm... answer was... none

Seems extraordinarily convenient for this government that the problems appear to be only in the North.

Lets see if they have a backbone when the spotlight falls on London, I mean I kind of find it hard to believe there isn’t a problem in London already if it’s on the rise as we’re being told it is.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems extraordinarily convenient for this government that the problems appear to be only in the North.

Lets see if they have a backbone when the spotlight falls on London, I mean I kind of find it hard to believe there isn’t a problem in London already if it’s on the rise as we’re being told it is.

As of a week ago or so (so it may not still be true) there was a huge difference between rates in north and south London. North London was seeing rates not far short of the Midlands and NW, but south London was at much lower levels of transmission. Mildly interesting to see that the river really is an actual barrier in how people live.

They're not going to do another lockdown. They'll keep doing the weaselly tactic of 'imposing' very half arsed restrictions and making up the difference with 'encouragements' and recommendations. Whilst also tacitly encouraging people to not actually follow those recommendations - it wasn't long ago they were desperately shoving everyone to get back to **** work and spend. That's still what they want, whilst they fart out confused localised restrictions and limp encouragements to work from home again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

As of a week ago or so (so it may not still be true) there was a huge difference between rates in north and south London. North London was seeing rates not far short of the Midlands and NW, but south London was at much lower levels of transmission. Mildly interesting to see that the river really is an actual barrier in how people live.

Just to show I'm not completely making this shit up, the chart I'm referring to is the one on the left here:

Ej1uymNXsAACZQZ?format=jpg&name=large

(from: https://twitter.com/Dr_D_Robertson/status/1314328492088193024)

EDIT: Though 'much lower levels of transmission' is clearly me misremembering, it was only one notch down and the new scale used makes the difference disappear anyway this week.

Edited by HanoiVillan

Â