Generic Virus Thread

villakram

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

If they are storing personal details in a spreadsheet, I wouldn't put it past them to have created a workbook with only one sheet in 🤣

Or of course the other option is the excuse is utter bollocks and their bollocks has dug a deeper hole than they were trying to fill

Yep, they’ve tried to cover a lie with a bad lie.

I’d love to hear how they managed to lose only some of each days data with this full spreadsheet.

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

Used to be 2gb was the limit on an access database, but to put all this on a spreadsheet is bonkers.

150MB limit per row in BigTable and you can connect to a Google Sheet if you think spreadsheets are useful. Much better to use something like Data Studio though.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000n1xp/panorama-test-and-trace-exposed

Panorama hears from whistleblowers working inside the government’s new coronavirus tracking system. They are so concerned about NHS Test and Trace that they are speaking out to reveal chaos, technical problems, confusion, wasted resources and a system that does not appear to them to be working. The programme also hears from local public health teams who say they have largely been ignored by the government in favour of the private companies hired to run the new centralised tracking system. As Panorama investigates, it has left some local authorities questioning whether local lockdowns could have been handled better or avoided altogether.

If anyone didn't see the BBC test and trace documentary made by the people being paid to work within the system, it's utterly horrific. 

The BBC can still do proper journalism; it's just encouraged not to make a big fuss about it.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People used to say he was very intelligent, but just putting on a clown-ish persona. I don't buy it. The man is an incompetent, lazy moron.

Incompetence doesn't preclude intelligence (though I'm moving more away from this view of him as time goes by).

This may be incompetence though it may be the idea that everyone will have heard what he said and that, rather than the correct information, will be what they largely believe to be the case thus making them look more supportive than they actually are in those people's minds.

Edited by snowychap

I keep thinking back to that meeting with the Liaison Committee in the spring, when it became embarrassingly clear that he didn't know what 'no recourse to public funds' was or meant. I suppose you could make all sorts of arguments about why - I can imagine plausible arguments that he is lazy, stupid, incompetent, privileged, forgetful, badly briefed, or any combination of the above, but in the end the end result was the same - he learned of the harm caused by one of his government's policies, suggested he would review it, and they've done absolutely nothing and it's still causing hardship today.

You look at the UK 'curve' (more like vertical line) in the last week there and have to wonder how the stories that 'infections seem to be leveling off' from the last couple of days can have much use at all.

Infections have gone through the roof, but they seem to be slowing down from top speed. And the last time we controlled it by shutting the country down, this time err... 

Spent this morning arguing with idiots in Facebook local group about false positives.

It seems to be latest thing for conspiracy nut jobs that 'we're not being told the truth' about how accurate the tests are. They're so desperate to believe that things are much better than they seem that they'll believe 91% of all positive covid tests are wrong.

It came from Hartley-Brewer who brainfarted that if the false positive rate is currently 0.8% then out of 100 people, 8 will be wrong. If 9 people in that 100 test positive then 8 of them may be the wrong ones.

I thought the left were meant to be the conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It came from Hartley-Brewer who brainfarted that if the false positive rate is currently 0.8% then out of 100 people, 8 will be wrong. If 9 people in that 100 test positive then 8 of them may be the wrong ones.

That is some excellent mathematical gymnastics to arrive at that conclusion :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Last day of isolation tomorrow and finally feeling better. Unfortunately wife and kids still have till Monday before they can leave the house. 

This thing has really knocked me about without making me feel really ill. Very strange, I've never had an illness like it. Absolutely exhausted most of the day. 

Had a bit of a panic a couple of nights ago, woke up with the feeling as though someone was pushing on my chest. I could take a deep breath but it felt like my lungs were fighting against it all the way. 

It has sucked and I can only imagine how bad it must be for people hospitalised with it. 

Glad you’re ok now. Take care and I hope you and your family all feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

Â