Generic Virus Thread

villakram

They should be removing the curfew across the nation, not implementing it in Parliament. It's clear as day that it's doing more harm than good having everyone forced out of the pub at exactly the same time, Friday and Saturday night were absolute carnage at 10pm, much worse than anything going on the weeks previously. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There really is no plausible justification for bars and restaurants on the Parliamentary estate to have different rules. While it probably doesn't *matter* in some sense, it's just obvious that 'leading from the front' or 'leading by example' are the ways you need to act when you want people to actually take you seriously.

I would imagine that 90% of them could not function unless half cut and the extension was approved on medical grounds 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

So are taxi drivers and bus drivers, try wearing a mask whilst driving for 8 to 12 hours a day, especially if you wear glasses

Have you put plexi-glass shields between the driver and the back seats? Here in Bulgaria they've got them and we're not allowed to sit up front with the taxi driver. 

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Have you put plexi-glass shields between the driver and the back seats? Here in Bulgaria they've got them and we're not allowed to sit up front with the taxi driver. 

The councils won't approve them because they alter the characteristics of the vehicle and prevent the airbags working properly.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

So are taxi drivers and bus drivers, try wearing a mask whilst driving for 8 to 12 hours a day, especially if you wear glasses

I wasn't aware that taxis were exempt, as every one I've seen is wearing a mask.

Weird exception, IMO. Try wearing a mask while working in a shop for 8-12 hours. Try wearing a mask while attending patients in a ward for 8-12 hours. Try wearing a mask while working in a warehouse all day. Why are some guys sitting in a comfy chair in an air conditioned vehicle exempted? 

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wasn't aware that taxis were exempt, as every one I've seen is wearing a mask.

Weird exception, IMO. Try wearing a mask while working in a shop for 8-12 hours. Try wearing a mask while attending patients in a ward for 8-12 hours. Try wearing a mask while working in a warehouse all day. Why are some guys sitting in a comfy chair in an air conditioned vehicle exempted? 

I guess working in a shop it kind of doesn't matter if your glasses fog up once in a while, whereas in a car it could be fatal. Presumably people working on wards have significantly better masks that don't cause that problem.

But really, aren't they just starting from the politics and then back-filling the 'scientific justifications' from there?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Just out of interest, what's everyones thoughts on the NHS tracing app?

Doesn't work on my phone. Too old. 

Also my phone is too old to use the QR code reader bars/restaurants ask you to scan as you go in. Some places I believe will refuse to let you in if that is the case.

Â